We Buy Junk Cars: Get Cash for Junk Cars Now at JunkCarMedics.com
Did you just do a Google search of "cash for junk cars"? Are you looking to sell your junk car for cash? Looking to get $100, $500 or even $1,000 for it? If so, you're in the right place!
At JunkCarMedics.com we buy junk cars for cash. But that's not all, we provide:
- Industry-leading customer service
- The best offer for your car due to our huge network
- Free pickup and removal nationwide from your home or office
- No obligation offers in 79 seconds.
- And that's just the beginning!
JunkCarMedics.com makes 10's of thousands of offers to cars for cash (vans, trucks & SUV's too) all across America and has a hand in the purchase of 1,000's of cars every single month.
This has lead to us being the nation's largest cash for junk cars service.
Click the orange button to get your free, no-hassle offer to junk your car now if you are ready te sell!
Not Ready? No Problem Scroll Down to Learn The Junk Car Industry & Prepare Yourself For When You Are
At JunkCarMedics.com we also help educate customers on auto salvage yards and the junk cars industry, and that's what this page is all about from here on out.
We've compiled a bunch of frequently asked questions (faq) our representatives get asked from customers looking to junk a car as well as topics we believe make the process smoother for the customer and have written articles on all these various topics. And that's what this page is all about, how to sell a junk car for cash.
CASH FOR JUNK CARS 101 - WHAT IS A JUNK CAR?
Junk cars, also referred to as scrap cars and end of life vehicles are vehicles that are too old or damaged to repair so selling it to a cash for junk cars service or a junkyard for its car parts is the best bet. A "junk car" commonly falls into one of these categories:
- Damaged - the vehicle is too damaged to repair or has significant parts missing such as the engine or transmission, it's a scrap car that should be sold to be pulled for it's parts.
- Undrivable - due to the damage or broken parts the vehicle is unable to be driven.
- Too old to put money into - Once cars start hitting 7, 10, 15 years of age they start to deteriorate and cost more to maintain then they do to dispose of. These are generally end of life vehicles that no one is going to want to drive so they are best sold for parts.
- Missing paperwork - if a cars been passed around a bunch you may not even have the title for it. These are considered junk cars because you have to jump through hoops to even be able to sell them, no one wants them.
In a perfect world, your car would remain in great shape forever. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Just like most things in life, cars come with an expiration date. While your car may have been in perfect shape when you bought, it may eventually turn into a junk vehicle.
A junk car is a vehicle that is too old or too damaged to be repaired. Essentially, it’s a vehicle that you no longer can or should drive. Keep reading to learn more about how you can get cash for junk cars and make some money with minimal effort.
There are many individuals and organizations that offer cash for junk cars. Cash for junk cars is a program or business model that can give you the opportunity to sell your damaged or old vehicle quickly, no matter it’s make, model, or condition.
Although the term “cash” is in the cash for junk cars phrase, it’s important to note that you won’t always be able to get hard cash for your junk car. It's just the exchange of your car for "cash" where this term came from. You will be paid by a check as there needs to be a paper trail for the sales of cars.
Thanks to the cash for junk cars industry, you don’t have to spend your precious free time promoting your car in-person or online. You can get it off your hands and make money in the process in no time.
- Car recycling - Learn more about automobile recycling industry and how it affects the cash you get for your car.
- Automobile recycling process - See what happens once the recyclers get their hands on your vehicle.
- Junk car definition - Not sure if your car is ready for the pasture just yet? This definition can help.
- Cash for Clunkers - This government program is long dead, but there's more than one organization that buys junk cars.
- Junk car removal - Push, drag, drive, or tow? See how junk cars are moved after they no longer start.
- Sell junk car for parts or as one piece - Some junk cars make more sense together while others need to be stripped apart.
- Difference between scrap car and salvage car - These two common terms are often used interchangeably, but you really can't afford to mix them up.
- How many tons does a car weigh - Haven't you always wanted to know if you can lift one like Superman?
- Scrap my junk car - If you've finally had it with your old car, it's time to take action.
- 8 ways to have fun with a junk car- Just because it doesn't run, doesn't mean you can't have fun.
- Where does your junk car go? - Is it car heaven? To a small farm upstate?
CASH FOR CARS & HOW IT WORKS
Contrary to popular belief, the term cash for cars does not always mean you’ll get cash for your car. Cash for cars is a business model or program that can give you the chance to sell your old or damaged car quickly, regardless of its make, model, or condition. However, you're most likely to be paid by a certified check so that there is a proper paper trail on the sale of your vehicle. You can instantly turn that check into cash.
The model has grown and taken on a life of it's own with consumers doing searches on Google for things like "cash for cars", "who pays cash for cars" "sell my car for cash".
WHEN SHOULD I JUNK MY CAR?
Just because your car is old, doesn’t mean it’s a good candidate for a cash for junk cars program. However, there are a number of signs that may indicate it is including:
- The cost of repairs exceeds the value of your car.
- You don’t have a title for your car.
- Your car makes you feel unsafe every time you get behind the wheel.
- One or more parts are secured together with duct tape.
- You can’t find anyone to buy it.
- The cost of maintenance is higher than your car payments.
- Your car is significantly rusted.
Even though it may be difficult to come to terms that your car is now considered “junk,” it’s essential for your safety and finances.
- Should I junk my car or fix it? - It's not always more economical to fix your car if it's on its last legs.
- When's it time to let go of your junk car - Goodbyes are tough, but sometimes you have to move on.
- Best time of year to junk my car - How the fluctuating scrap metal market determines how much you get for your car.
- Junk my car - Top signs it's time to sell your junker for cash. There are certain deal-breakers for your car that leave you no choice.
- 10 dangers of driving a junk car - You're not just putting your safety in jeopardy.
- How to extend the life of your junk car - We may want to buy your car, but we also want you to get a few more months out of it if you can.
- Should you junk your car or donate it? - See when a donation saves you more in taxes than you would make by junking the car.
- How many tons does a car weigh? - It depends on the year, make, and model.
HOW MUCH IS MY JUNK CAR WORTH?
Junkyards pay around $100 - $500 for junk cars but the prices may vary based on the price of scrap metal.
Keep in mind that since your car is “junk,” it’s not as valuable as a used car that runs well and is safe to drive. A number of factors will determine the price of your junk car including:
- Year, make, and model of your car.
- The total cost of repairs that may get your junk car running again.
- Current price of scrap metals.
The bigger the vehicle the more you can expect to receive. So a Chevy Suburban will fetch more then a Toyota Camry would.
Fortunately, most individuals or companies who pay cash for junk cars will inform you of what they’re willing to pay you in advance. If you don’t like their offer, no worries. There’s absolutely no obligation to accept. Just make sure you’re realistic and realize that your clunker is no longer worth what it was when you first bought it or even a few years ago.
- Can I sell my junk car for $500? - This question comes up a lot so we wrote a very short article covering it. But the short and simple answer is that it is not likely that you can sell a junk car for $500 currently.
- Scrap car prices per ton - The market is influenced by everything from the economy to prime car shopping season.
- Why are junk car prices so low? - See why junk car prices may not be quite as high as you'd like.
- Scrap car value calculator - Want to see what your car is worth? It only takes a few seconds.
- What is my junk car worth? - Pricing guides and categories can tell you more about the logic behind the numbers.
- How much is my junk truck worth? - A truck is heavier than a car, so does that mean you'll be rolling in dough?
- What's the scrap value of my car? - If your car can't be stripped for parts, you're down to the scrap value only.
- How much money do you get for a junk car?- What you get is based on factors like the condition of the car, the location, and the price of scrap at the time of sale.
- What are junk cars selling for currently? - The scrap metal market has undergone some serious changes over the years.
- How much do junkyards pay for junk cars - Each scrap yard and auto salvage has its own process, but they're all dependent on the price of scrap metal.
- Most valuable parts on a junk car to scrap - You might be surprised at just how much a catalytic converter can fetch.
HOW DO I SELL MY JUNK CAR FOR CASH?
To sell your junk car, it’s a good idea to do your research and explore all of the options available to you. You’ll likely find that selling your junk car to an online service is the fastest and easiest option. Here’s how this process typically works:
- You plug in details about the car you’d like to sell. You’ll likely be asked for its make, model, mileage, and condition.
- The online service gives you an offer you can either accept or deny.
- If you accept, you’ll provide proof of ownership and confirm a few details.
- The online service will work with you to arrange the pickup of your junk car.
- Your car will get picked up and you’ll get cash for it the same day.
- Scrap car prices per ton - The current scrap market is a big factor in determining the price for scrap cars.
- How to scrap a car - Step by step guide on how to junk your car for the most money possible.
- How can I get the most money for my junk car? - It all starts with understanding how cars are junked.
- What documents do I need to scrap my car? (e)
- What is the best way to sell a junk car?
- How to negotiate the sale of a junk car - Can you sell snow to an Eskimo? You may be able to squeeze a little more out of your car.
- How do I sell a broken car? - A broken car still has value, but you need to find the right buyers first.
- How much does my car weigh?
JUNK CAR TITLE AND PAPERWORK
A car title is a legal document that proves you own a vehicle. Many cash for junk cars companies will not accept your junk car unless you have a title and registration. If you don’t have a title, you’ll have to prove that you own it in some other way. We suggest you take the following steps if you are in this situation:
- Check with your bank.
- Get a duplicate title.
- Provide your driver’s license and registration.
Fortunately, JunkCarMedics.com can make your life easier and buy your junk car without a title (if possible) so if you choose to go with us, you can alleviate the headaches and get top dollar.
- How to sell a junk car without a title - If you can't find the title and you can't apply for a new, you may still be able to scrap it.
- Do salvage yard buy junk cars without titles? - Maybe. Junking a car is not the same as selling it.
- Selling a car with a rebuilt title
- Selling a junk car with an expired registration - An expired registration is tricky for junk cars. Whether you can sell it all depends on your local ordinances.
- How to decode your Vehicle Identification Number - Have you ever wondered what all those letters and numbers mean? See why your VIN is so darn long.
WHO BUYS JUNK CARS?
Now that you know the basics of what you need, it’s time to review specific options and places that buy junk cars for top dollar near me.
JunkCarMedics.com stands out in the car removal service industry for it's no hassle process and top dollar payments with it's cash for cars service. The company’s ethical business practices earned the trust of customers who demand to work with only the most reputable auto salvaging company.
JunkCarMedics.com is the nation’s premiere cash for junk cars dealer purchasing 1,000’s of junk cars each and every month across the United States and providing free junk car removal. With a vast network of auto salvage yards, tow trucks, and auto auctions, JunkCarMedics.com will get you the most money for your car while providing the best service in the industry. Find out for yourself by getting a quote to junk your car in minutes.
Notes and How it Works:
- An instant offer will come back instantly, so you don’t have to wait for an email or a phone call to sell your car, truck, van or SUV.
- JunkCarMedics.com follows up with emails after providing an instant quote.
- Professionalism and courtesy are an integral part the company’s culture.
- Transactions are often completed within one business day.
- Free towing nationwide.
- Buys all makes and models such as Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, and everything else.
- Also buys damaged cars and clunkers.
- Give it a try when you choose to sell junk cars and get your instant cash offer.
2. Local Car Recycling Centers / Scrap Yards / Junkyards
Local salvage yards, junkyards and scrap yards are often willing to buy junk cars because the parts inside can be resold by the business. This makes the junk cars valuable enough to purchase and tow from your property. They also can crush the cars and sell the scrap metal.
This can be a great local option to junk your car however if you have a better conditioned vehicle you are not likely to get the best value.
Get the best deal by contacting every auto salvage yard in your local yellow pages or online, and compare quotes. You might need to take the weather into consideration when dealing with a local yard. Salvage yards are often unwilling to tow vehicles during bad weather conditions. Unfortunately, you must also learn how to avoid getting ripped off by shady businesses.
Notes and How it Works:
- You can always remove valuable parts for reselling before contacting the salvage yard. This works best with easily removed parts like new tires, for example.
- Local yards present a convenient option because of their proximity to your current location.
- Salvage yards might buy your junk car even if you don’t have the title. However, yards in some states will require you to clear the title and liens first. Just call the yard, and ask about the policy.
- Larger cars tend to get the best prices from salvage yards as the price is usually based on the scrap metal market.
- Some yards will issue demand that you pay for the towing service.
- When the driver comes to pick up your car, the price might change. Once the driver puts the hook on your car, you can be pressured to accept a lower price.
- Some salvage yards offer to take care of all the paperwork for you, but this opens you up to liability if they fail to follow through.
3. Cash for Junk Car Services
Although JunkCarMedics.com stands far and above any other junk car buying service out there, there are other cash for junk car services. If you do a Google search you'll probably see some of them. But buyer beware! =
Notes and How it Works:
- A lot will operate similar to JunkCarMedics.com
- New ones start up all the time, some don't even have a network to work with to sell your car to, so be careful.
4. Sell Your Junk Car Independently
Depending on your circumstances, you might consider taking a different path to sell it. If you think you get a better price independently, you'll have a few other options such as Craigslist, eBay, and local ads, among others.
Notes and How it Works:
- Clean it up and take good pics
- Be honest about the condition and what they can expect
- If it drives, meet at a local swap spot setup with cameras for security.
- How to sell a junk car on Craigslist - See how to take the photos, write the description, and list the car so searchers will find it.
- How to junk a car to a salvage yard - From the title to the plates, learn more about what it takes to junk with a salvage yard.
- Junkyards near me - Junkyards near you probably buy all sorts of junk, and it helps to know each one's quirks before you settle on one.
- Private junk car buyers - Will a private buyer pay your asking price?
- Junk car buyers - Not all junk car buyers are created equal. Here's how to find the honest ones.
- Cash for cars near me - list of states / cities serviced by JunkCarMedics.com
WE BUY JUNK CARS / TOP RATED CASH FOR JUNK CARS SERVICE
If you want cash for your junk car without the hassle, JunkCarMedics.com is the way to go and pays the best price. We buy junk cars for cash with no hidden fees or scams. How it works is you provide us with some details on your car, accept our offer, schedule pick up with our tow truck driver and get paid via check.
There’s no reason to call or drive around town trying to find an individual or company who wants to buy your junk car. Give us a call at 1 (855) 437-9728 or fill out our handy online form to get a free quote and instant offer. You have nothing to lose but your clunker. We pay cash for junk cars.
- Why choose JunkCarMedics.com - The best offers and free junk car removal are just the start.
- Cash for Junk cars same day pick up (when possible)If you can't wait another second for your junk car to be out of your life forever, we have just the solution to get your quick cash.
- 24 Hour junk car buyers -Did your car die yet again at 1 a.m.? If you're ready to have it picked up before you're charged for a tow in a no-parking zone, you may be able to find someone to buy it.
- Sell my car for cash now - Instant online offer in 79 seconds or less or give us a quick phone call to get your offer.
- JunkCarMedics.com service area - View our coverage area and find out where we buy junk cars for cash (everywhere!)
If you want cash for your junk car without the hassle, JunkCarMedics.com is the way to go and pays the best price. We buy junk cars for cash. All you have to do is provide us with some details on your car, accept our offer, schedule pick up and towing, and get paid via check.
- Is Your Car a Fixer Upper or Scrap Metal - [Investopedia] There are some cars that are worth being restored and some that need to go.
- Should You Fix Up Or Trade Up - [Edmunds] Don't put yourself and other drivers at risk when you can get a safer car.
- Is Your Car Worth Repairing? - [U.S. News] If you're tempted to haul the tools out of the garage, read this first.
- How to Determine The Value of a Salvaged Car - [WikiHow] Salvaged cars are judged less so on their aesthetics and more on their condition, parts, and weight.
- How to Get Cash for Junk Cars - [WikiHow] It's all about finding a buyer who has the right connections.
- How to Get Top Dollar For Your Junk Car - [eHow] It takes a little extra work, but top dollar is out there somewhere.
- How to Sell a Car if The Bank Has The Title - [AutoTrader] Hint: you're going to have to pay it off before you get the title.
- How to Sell a Car With a Rebuilt Title - [eHow] Some people would be happy to buy a car with a rebuilt in exchange for the extra savings.
- How to Get Rid of Your Old Car - [YourMechanic] You've got more than one option.
- Auto Recycling Trends - [The Balance] Auto recycling trends may not make the headlines, but they're relevant when you're ready to junk your car.