Sell a Nissan Altima for scrap with Junk Car Medics. Sell Nissan Altima for the highest possible scrap value using our nationwide network of cash junk car buyers. The current scrap value of the Nissan Altima ranges from $55 to $5340.
The Nissan Altima is the 2nd most commonly junked car, according to Junk Car Medics.
Junk Car Medics network of car buyers purchases Nissan Altima in all conditions. When the time to sell a Nissan Altima, get a free offer online or by phone.
Sell a Nissan Altima for cash with Junk Car Medics. Sell Nissan Altimas for the highest possible value using our nationwide network of cash car buyers. One can sell a Nissan Altima for more money when it is drivable and in good condition.
Junk Car Medics network of car buyers purchases Nissan Altimas in all conditions. When it is time to sell the Nissan Altima, get a free offer online or by phone.
The Nissan Altima is a mid-size vehicle that made its debut in 1992 and is currently in its sixth generation. In the U.S., Altima models were first manufactured in Smyrna, Tennessee. However, in June 2004, Nissan also started assembling the vehicle at a plant in Canton, Mississippi, to meet the soaring demand for the vehicle.
Previously only available with a front-wheel-drive drivetrain, sixth-generation Altima models come with an all-wheel-drive option. A reliable vehicle renowned for its comfy cabin, roomy interior, and fuel efficiency, the Nissan Altima is Nissan’s best-selling sedan in the U.S. Big on utility; the Nissan Altima also has various standard safety features, such as:
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Rear automatic braking
- Blind spot warning
- Lane departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic warning
- High beam assist
Nonetheless, while the Nissan Altima has several safety features, it isn’t an infallible vehicle. It’s still susceptible to accidents like other vehicles. If it becomes undrivable or irreparable due to an accident, it may have to be disposed of as scrap. The average scrap price of the Nissan Altima is $339.25, compared to the national average of $580. This compares unfavorably to other mid-size cars, such as the Hyundai Sonata and Honda Accord, valued at roughly $449 and $637.50, respectively.
What is a Nissan Altima's current scrap value?
The Nissan Altima's current scrap value is $418, with a range of $95 - $1130 for the last 30 days, on average. Comparably, the current scrap value for all vehicles over the same time period is $541, a difference of -23 %.
What is a Nissan Altima's Yearly scrap value?
The Nissan Altima's yearly scrap value is $513, with a range of $55 - $5340, on average. Comparably, the current scrap value for all vehicles over the same time period is $610, a difference of -16 %.
Here are the current average junk car values of comparable models to a Nissan Altima:
- Sell Toyota Camry ~ $523
- Sell Ford Fusion ~ $538
- Sell Chevrolet Malibu ~ $456
- Sell Kia Optima ~ $633
- Sell Honda Accord ~ $423
What is the Nissan Altima Used Car Value?
Like other vehicles, Nissan Altima cars lose value over time because of wear and tear. The used car value of a Nissan Altima refers to the price a used Nissan Altima is worth on the market. Various factors can influence the used car value of a vehicle. At Junk Car Medics, we determine the used car value of Nissan Altima models by considering the following factors below.
- The vehicle’s model year
- The vehicle’s condition
- The vehicle’s age
- The vehicle’s mileage
- The vehicle’s weight
In addition to these factors, we also consider the vehicle’s location, current scrap metal prices, and the demand for the car’s parts. After appraising your vehicle based on these factors, we’ll give you an offer.
While offers vary based on these factors, we generally offer at least $500 cash for scrap cars. Here are some recent offers we’ve made for Nissan Altima cars.
|Vehicle||Average Used Car Value|
|2006 Nissan Altima||$520|
|2008 Nissan Altima||$550|
|2009 Nissan Altima||$580|
|2011 Nissan Altima||$990|
|2012 Nissan Altima||$985|
How Much Does a Nissan Altima Weigh in Tons?
The Nissan Altima weighs between 1.5 to 1.7 tons. Here are the weights of some Nissan Altima models.
|2001 Make Model||X|
Generally, the mid-size car’s weight varies depending on the model year, engine, and trim. Newer generation models are heavier than their predecessors. Additionally, models with 3.5-liter engines are heavier than their counterparts with lower capacity engines. Finally, high-end trims with additional features typically weigh more than base models. Here’s the average vehicle weight of other cars compared to the Nissan Altima.
How Much Are Nissan Altima Worth in Scrap by Year?
The scrap value of the Nissan Altima varies depending on the model year. Generally, models from recent years fetch better prices than old models. However, besides the year, junk car buyers also typically pay more for models in good condition with low mileage. Here are some Nissan Altima models and their average scrap values.
How Much is a 2000 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2001 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2002 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2003 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2004 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2005 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2006 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2007 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2008 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2009 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2010 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2011 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2012 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2013 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2014 Nissan Altima Worth?
How Much is a 2015 Nissan Altima Worth?
What Are Recent Junk Car Prices and Values of Nissan Altima?
Here are 15 recent junk car values for Nissan Altima.
What Are Common Problems of Nissan Altimas?
According to J.D. Power, which rates vehicle reliability on a scale of 0 to 100, the Nissan Altima has a reliability score ranging between 79 to 85. A reliability score between 81 to 90 is considered great, while a score between 70-80 is considered average. This demonstrates that the Nissan Altima is a fairly reliable vehicle. However, it isn’t free from its fair share of problems. Here are some common problems Nissan Altima owners have experienced.
- Engine stalling: This issue affects most Nissan Altima models. Many owners have reported that the vehicle suddenly stalls because of an issue with the crankshaft position sensor.
- Faulty catalytic converter: This issue mostly affects models manufactured between 1999 to 2015. Owners have reported that the check engine light sometimes suddenly comes on, and a PO420 code displays on the dashboard. This happens because of catalytic converter failure.
- Fuel pump issue: It primarily affects models produced between 2001 to 2015. Owners have reported that the car sometimes stutters when in motion or doesn’t start even after repeated cranking because of the issue.
- Faulty transmission: Nissan rolled out CVT transmission to its vehicles in 2002. While CVT transmission resulted in benefits like fuel efficiency and a smoother ride, many owners have complained about issues with Nissan’s CVT transmission. Some common transmission issues owners have reported experiencing include sudden power loss when accelerating, jerky car movements, and even complete transmission failure.
- Defective engine seal: This issue primarily affects models with the 3.5L V6 engine. Owners have complained about oil leakage after oil changes because of the vehicle’s defective o-ring.
These are just a few common issues that affect Nissan Altimas. Besides these issues, here are some other common vehicle problems you may experience with your car.
What Are The Values of Nissan Altima Scrap Car Parts?
The Nissan Altima is assembled in the U.S. at plants in Smyrna and Canton. As a result, Nissan Altima scrap car parts are pretty inexpensive since they are readily available at many scrapyards.
How Much is a Scrap Catalytic Converter From a Nissan Altima Worth?
According to CarAraC, the scrap price of a Nissan Altima catalytic converter ranges between $90 to $300. The value of cat converters varies based on factors such as:
- The concentration of precious metals such as palladium, rhodium, and platinum in the cat converter.
- The current market price of precious metals.
- The catalytic converter’s condition
- The vehicle’s location
The scrap price of a Nissan Altima catalytic converter compares modestly to other vehicles, as most cat converters disposed of as scrap cost roughly $300 to $1,500.
How much does it cost to replace a catalytic converter on a Nissan Altima?
According to RepairPal, Nissan Altima catalytic converters cost between $1,855 and $1,865. Meanwhile, the labor cost to replace a Nissan Altima cat converter ranges between $142 and $180. Therefore the total cost of replacing a Nissan Altima catalytic converter ranges between $1,997 and $2,045.
However, it’s important to note that these costs are exclusive of taxes and fees. Moreover, replacement costs may vary significantly from one location to another.
Sell Other Nissans
Junk Car Medics makes it quick, easy, and painless to sell junk Makes. Sell any Make for cash using our rewarding process.
- Sell My Nissan Frontier - It’s a mid-size truck introduced to the U.S. in 1997 to replace the Nissan Hardbody.
- Sell My Nissan Maxima - It’s a full-size car that’s Nissan’s flagship sedan in the U.S.
- Sell My Nissan Sentra - It’s a compact car launched in 1982.
- Sell My Nissan Murano - It’s a mid-size crossover SUV introduced in 2003.
- Sell My Nissan Pathfinder - It’s an SUV that’s undergone several transformations since its inception in 1985. It’s currently in its fifth generation, and it’s offered as a 5-door SUV.
Besides these Nissan models, we buy various other makes for cash regardless of their condition. Get an instant offer online or on the phone for your car by calling 1-855-587-0227.
We Pay Cash for Nissan Altima Cars
An undrivable or irreparable Nissan Altima isn’t a complete loss. You could get an excellent deal for it, particularly if it has valuable parts that are intact. Contact us today for a free estimate and offer for your Nissan Altima.