Sell Your Non Running Car Today
When you drive your car, you make memories. Taking your kids to school, picking up the first date, or taking a cross-country road trip with friends are pleasant memories that you create with your car. And while these are the ideal memories to have, there can also be bad ones associated with your vehicle.
An accident, a car breakdown that calls for a tow truck rescue, or a constant need for repairs near the end of its life... These are all memories we would rather not make with our car. Having to deal with such problems can induce financial anxieties. Even one major mechanical problem can cost thousands of dollars.
A repair estimate of this magnitude is enough to make you consider selling your car instead of fixing it. If this is the case, Junk Car Medics will make selling your vehicle easy. We buy cars with mechanical problems, and you can get an estimate from our website without leaving your computer screen! The process of selling junk cars is quick, easy, and painless.
How Do I Get Rid of My Car with Mechanical Problems?
When you sell your car with mechanical issues to Junk Car Medics, we make the process as quick and efficient as possible. We know you want the car off your property and cash in your hand. The process is simple:
- Contact Junk Car Medics with details about your car (a title and registration help the process run faster).
- Receive a quote and schedule an appointment for junk car removal.
- Have your car picked up for free and receive cash in your hand the same day.
Sounds simple enough? Then what are you waiting for? Contact Junk Car Medics today and walk away with cash for your car with mechanical problems in a matter of days.
We Buy Bad Engine Cars and Non Running Vehicles
A car with a bad engine is one that can put you and others at serious risk on the road. Whether it's making a lot of noise, struggling in idle mode, or has stopped running entirely, you might not be able to take the chance on it anymore.
Engines fail for any number of reasons. Maybe a bearing seized up or the combustion process was thrown into a tailspin. Maybe a cooling fan or a water pump failed. Because the engine is such an integral part of the car, driving around with a bad one can increase the odds you'll end up stranded somewhere you don't want to be.
The engine affects an array of components in your car, and even small problems can blossom into big issues if you don't catch it right away. Selling a bad engine car can be a great way to get rid of a dangerous hazard and replace it with something a little less death-trappy. Luckily, Junk Car Medics can tell you more about how to get rid of it.
Where can you sell your bad engine car?
From your next-door neighbor to your local junkyard, you might already know of some buyers in your area. We'll take you through the options so you have a better idea of what you're signing up for though:
- Cash-for-cars services: Junk car services like Junk Car Medics pretty much take anything, even if the engine is way past its prime. If you choose this option, it works out to a pretty straightforward exchange. You get a check, we take the car.
- Scrap yards: Junkyards, salvage yards, and scrap yards are all there to collect the old and do what they can with them. Just keep in mind that not every yard is run by an honest, hard-working professional. The whole sales process can end up being more hassle than it's worth.
- Free online sites: If you've ever browsed Craigslist before, you might think this is an easy platform to sell a bad engine car. However, while the actual listing process is fairly foolproof, the buyers often come with their own set of expectations that have little to do with yours.
- Paid online sites: Big name sites will attract serious buyers who are ready to make real offers. At the same time, most of these buyers aren't looking for fixer-uppers, which can mean your car gets the brush-off.
- Word-of-mouth: Lots of things score big from word-of-mouth. You can put up a sign in the window and leave the car on the lawn or side of the road. Or you can tell all your loved ones and spread the word that way.
Bad engine cars might be bought by would-be mechanics who want a project or by a hobbyist who's always wanted to work on your make and model vehicle. In general though, these cars are usually passed over by people who want something a little more move-in ready. Your options are limited when looking for places that buy cars that do not run.
Why sell your bad engine car with Junk Car Medics?
Junk Car Medics is in business because it's a pain in the neck to sell a bad engine or a non-running car. Here's just a few problems that you won't run into when you choose us as the buyer:
- You make 10 appointments with 10 buyers. Three are late, two lecture you for pricing the car too high, and five cancel altogether.
- The junkyard owner decides that he doesn't want to come to your location or wants to charge you a processing fee without defining what it's even for.
- You have an anxiety attack somewhere around the 5th round of haggling over how much the car is worth.
- You put up a sign in the car window and get no responses from it. Meanwhile, your bad engine car continues to take up a ton of space on your property.
- The one person who does show up from Craigslist takes off without the car but he manages to grab your wallet before he leaves.
Junk Car Medics has done the work when it comes to selling a bad engine car. If you don't want to call all the junkyards in your area to compare and contrast their services, you can trust that we already have that information in hand. Our staff works with only the most reliable professionals, so our customers actually have good things to say about us.
Plus, we help our buyers do the most important thing of all: get a better vehicle. You might not have a lot of extra cash lying around for a new car, but trust us when we say that bad engine cars aren't like your old, beat up sneakers. This is literal life and death here, and there's no time to waste if your engine's on the fritz.
What types of bad engine cars do we buy?
We buy all types of vehicles whose engines have quit:
- Cargo vans
- 4-door sedans
- 2-door coupes
No engine is immune from the passage of time (or the fracturing stress of blunt trauma). Whatever it is you're trying to sell - whether it's a fancy Audi, a clunker VW, or anything in between - we can figure out something to do with it.
How to sell your non-running car with Junk Car Medics?
Understanding your bad engine car's value
What's your bad engine car worth? The question really does depend on who you ask. If you find someone who wants to build your exact engine model from scratch to replace the one in your car, chances are your bad engine car is probably worth a lot to them.
However, for the most part, these cars aren't in high-demand, even amongst the mechanic crowd. Instead, it's typically evaluated based on how much metal can be used after being stripped from the vehicle. A non running car is still made up of about 65% steel and iron, and even if it was totaled in a wreck or doesn't run, that metal can still be made into something else.
The market demands scrap metal for all kinds of projects, like bridges, appliances, buildings, etc. Your price will come down to the following:
- The value of a bad engine car will be largely determined based on the demand for scrap metal at the time you sell. The markets can turn at the drop of a hat, but have largely trended downward over the past decade.
- In addition to the average price-per-ton of metal, Junk Car Medics will evaluate every possible avenue to get you the most money for your car. We take into consideration the make, model, and condition of your vehicle to ensure we give you fair market value.
So ok, the bottom line is that you might not be blown away by the number. But it's worth pointing out that plenty of our customers who weren't happy with the initial price were still pleased with how painless we made the whole transaction.
Insights and stats from Junk Car Medics
The Junk Car Medics' has seen a lot in this industry and we've learned a thing or two about how vehicles are bought and sold all over the country.
The Junk Car Medics difference
The difference between us is our ability to work with people. When we say people, we mean the professionals we rely on to stay on schedule (without compromising safety) and the customers who rely on us to take their car away. With Junk Car Medics, we built our entire process on what would be easiest for you:
- With Junk Car Medics, you can call us when you want to and email us when you don't. No matter how you get in touch with us, we respond to your questions and concerns without giving you the runaround.
- We don't pressure you. Cash-for-car services are sometimes a little too eager to get their inventory higher. Luckily, we're secure enough to let it go when we have to. It's nice for anyone who doesn't want to feel like their back is up against the wall.
- Our network is updated constantly so we can maintain our quality. Basically, this means if one of our tow truck drivers used to provide impeccable service but recently decided that all drivers were the bane of their existence, we're not afraid to update our information and break off a partnership that isn't working for our customers.
What sets Junk Car Medics apart is our ability to go the extra mile for customers, and it's gratifying to see how people respond to the services. By taking time to do things right the first time, it's amazing just how many glowing reviews you can rack up.
Frequently asked questions
Junk Car Medics is a national buyer of bad engine cars, junk cars, wrecked cars, damaged cars, etc. We make it easy for people to get the cash they need without having to devote all their time to managing a complicated sale.
It's easy to sell a bad engine car with us. All we ask is that you give us some information so we can return with a quote. If you want to take us up on it, we just need the keys, registration, title, and a valid ID from you. Depending on your state and the circumstances of the sale though, we might be able to work with you if you don't have all four items.
Potentially. Pickups depend on everything from where the car is, what the weather is like that day, and the individual availability of our carriers. If we can't arrange it on the same day though, you can rest assured it will be in the very near future.
Yes. We buy from anywhere in the continental US, courtesy of an extensive network of reputable car auction sites, junk car buyers, salvage yards, etc. With our fast and reliable service, we're ready to help regardless of if the car's safely stored on your property or precariously broken down on the side of the road.
It's easy to get an offer by filling out a form online. All you need to do is tell us a little about your car's make, model, condition, etc. The whole thing takes just a minute or two before you have a no-pressure quote from us.
Around 2 - 48 hours. If you're ready to be done with your bad engine car, we're standing by to take it off your hands.