Get a Cash Offer to Junk Your Car Now
Free Towing, Free Offers, Zero Hassle or Obligation!
Thousands of trips to work and school. Hundreds of trips to the grocery store. Plenty of road trips and good times.
It’s time to lay her to rest in the salvage yard or scrap yard. After all, you can’t in good conscience sell her to anyone – at least not without risking a lawsuit.
You can, however, make sure you earn top pay for your junk cars by taking a few tips into consideration first.
1. Get Top Pay for Junk Cars by Keeping an Eye on the Market
Prices for different metals, car parts, and vehicles themselves fluctuate literally all the time. Not to mention, prices for everything can also vary by state depending on the local market demand.
Steel, an iron alloy, is the primary material in many older cars. Newer, lighter vehicles are typically made from aluminum or magnesium alloys. Aluminum costs 20% to 30% more than steel because it’s much harder to extract and process.
Some vehicles may include parts made from titanium which can fetch a pretty penny depending on its purity. Then, of course, your car also includes some precious metals like platinum in the catalytic converter.
As you can see, keeping an eye on the market can help you get top pay for junk cars at the perfect time.
2. Put All Your Details Together to Get Top Pay
Before you start contacting shops that offer cash for cars, you’ll want to get all the information about your junk vehicle together.
If the scrapper starts asking questions on the phone and you don’t know the answer right away, they’ll sense that you don’t know what you’re talking about and they could take advantage of that by undercutting you – especially if you’re a woman.
First, you’ll need your title and a photo ID to sell the car to the local junkyard or salvage yard (there's a difference between the two), so get those ready.
Next, you’ll want to write down your car’s mileage, make, model, and year.
Jot down all the damage to the car and the condition of all the parts you can think of. Have you recently fixed or replaced anything? What’s new and what’s old? What was the part that broke the camel’s back?
Although most scrap yards pay you based on weight, they often sell the parts individually so they may ask questions about the tires, transmission, brakes, seats, etc.
3. Call Around for Quotes
It’s time to look around for quotes!
At Junk Car Medics, you can fill out our no-hassle form online and receive a free quote instantly.
Beware of companies that insist you bring the car to them for an evaluation.
If your car isn’t running, you’ll need to pay for a tow just for a quote. They know you’ll be more likely to accept a low ball offer because you won’t want to go through the hassle of towing your clunker back home.
There’s really no need for a scrapper to physically see your car in person. If they must see it, offer to send photos.
When you explain your car’s condition, make sure you’re 100% honest. Now isn’t the time to sugar-coat things or you’ll be sorely disappointed when the tow truck driver physically sees your old car and is forced to price gouge you.
Once you have a few offers, you can figure out the best choice.
At Junk Car Medics, we’ll come pick up the car from you, free towing and all – but not all scrapping companies will. If you must pay for junk car removal, you’ll want to factor that price into the quote.
Use all this knowledge you’ve collected – along with current market prices for scrap metals and your vehicle – to negotiate the best price!
What Is The Best Way to Sell a Junk Car?
Junk Car Medics of course! And here's why:
- Top rated car buyer
- Involved with various automobile recycling organizations
- We don’t “bait and switch.” Some auto salvage yards will quote you a price for your junker, but when the tow truck comes to pick it up, your vehicle has magically lost some -- or a lot – of its value. That doesn’t happen with Junk Car Medics®. We tell you how much we’ll pay right from the start, and that’s the exact amount you end up with.
- We’re so good we’re growing. We started off buying junk cars in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in 2014. We’ve already expanded from New York to California (with many states in between). Our goal is to extend to the entire continental United States in 2015.
- We know the business. Our representatives keep a keen eye on the automobile recycling industry. We know prices for pulled parts, scrap metal, and other recyclables. This means that…
- You’ll get a fair price. We know you want to make money. So do we. We’re in this together. We can’t run this business without customers’ vehicles, so we offer fair prices. Trying to make a little more by giving a seller a little less will help the bottom line today…but what about tomorrow? Skimping on what we pay out won’t give us a good reputation and bring in new business. And we’re in it for the long haul.
- We offer options. You can get a quote online, or you can call and talk to a real live person.
- We’re fast. You won’t have to wait around for a quote. We know both cars and the salvage industry, so we’re ready and able to give you a fair price.
- We offer free towing. We’ll send a tow truck to pick up your junker ASAP (but at your convenience). Oh, and you’ll get your payment then, on the spot.
- We’re knowledgeable. We could prove this by taking a quiz…but we won’t. We have an excellent resource list and a frequently updated blog for some interesting -- and possibly surprising -- information. Want to know some top recycling tips? What are some good books on car maintenance? How does the car recycling business work? All that, and more, is waiting for you online.
- We’re upfront. We’d like to give you top dollar for your junker. It’s in our best interest to offer you the best price we can. (See number 5.) But in 2015, the American scrap metal industry is not doing so great. It’s been in a slump since 2014. We’re telling you this now so you won’t be unpleasantly surprised if we can’t pay as much as you want for your vehicle. Yeah, we’re not happy about it either. Join us in wishing really, really hard that prices are back up again soon and you can junk a car for $500.
- We want to protect you. Sure, we want your business. But we also don’t want you to get ripped off by a shady company. That’s why we share information about salvage yard scams and how to review salvage yards. We’re here to buy your old car, but we’re also here to help.
- We want to help. You’re knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. But maybe junk cars are not one of those things. We do know the business, and we’re ready to walk you through the process step by step, offering guidance, tips, and advice. ‘Cause when it’s easier for you, it’s easier for us.
- We make it easy. Look, salvaging is important to the recycling industry, but we know it’s not brain surgery. It’s actually a very simple process: get a quote, make a deal, get paid, say bye-bye to your junker. That’s really all there is to it. We don’t prolong the process. That’s annoying for you and less profitable for us.
- We’re selective. We work with cash for cars companies across the country, but we won’t collaborate with just anyone. We check them out to make sure they’re as reliable and honest as we are. No weak links here.
- We’re not snooty. We don’t care how bad off your junker is…it’s still worth something. We’ll offer you a fair price, even if “rust bucket” is a generous term for your car.
- We're giving back. We gave away a $1,000 scholarship this year and plan to get more involved in local communities in 2019!
That’s an exhaustive list. (At least, we’re exhausted from writing it.) Now you can see why Junk Car Medics® is a legit company. Give us a chance to diagnose your junk car issues. You’ll feel better.
Get Top Pay for Your Junk Cars Today!
When it’s time for your trusty vehicle to make her graceful exit from this earthly realm, contact Junk Car Medics for a fast, free, and easy online quote with no hidden fees. We’re junk car buyers and we process over 8,000 vehicles every month in dozens of major cities across the continental 48!
We want you to get top pay for your junk cars. That’s why we encourage you to call around after receiving our quote. We’re that confident you’ll receive the best offer and friendliest service with us. Did we mention we offer free pick-ups, too?
Just get all your details in order. We’ll give you a no-hassle instant offer online (or through a phone call, if you prefer) for free! If it sounds great to you, we can get the ball rolling and possibly even put a check in your hand for your car today!