We Pay Cash for Junk Cars in California
- 24 Hours a Day
- Call Now: (855) 437-9728
- Mon-Fri: 8 am – 7 pm
- Sat: 8 am – 2 pm
- Sun: Closed
Do you own a junk car? Need quick cash for it?
Look no further than Junk Car Medics. We buy old, wrecked junk cars in California.
With the constant sea spray from the ocean and humidity levels of up to 74%, your scrap car will rust faster in California than in other regions.
Instead of letting your junk car sit around, letting it depreciate every day, sell it to us for quick cash. We have some of the best offers for junk cars in California.
How to Sell a Junk Car for Cash in California
The best part about selling your old car to Junk Car Medics is that the process is straightforward and can be completed within two days. To sell a junk car to us, follow these easy steps:
- Tell us about your car: Take a few minutes to tell us about the year, make, and model of your car. We’ll also ask about its overall condition.
- Get an instant offer: We’ll give you an instant fair offer based on the information you give us and other market factors.
- Agree to the offer and sell your car: Give us the VIN and schedule pickup for the vehicle within 1-2 days. During the pickup, our representative will pay you via a guaranteed check.
We pay competitively for any type of vehicle in any condition and pick it up for free. Our process is efficient, simple, and fast.
How to Sign Over Your Junk Car Title in California
To transfer a car title in California, you’ll need:
- The original California Certificate of Title, or an Application for Duplicate/Transfer of Title if the original title is missing
- The signatures of the seller and lienholder
- The buyer’s signature
- The transfer fee
You can’t sell a car in California without a title.
How to Get a Duplicate Title for Your Vehicle in California
If you lost the title of your junk car, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in California allows you to get a duplicate title. To apply for a duplicate title:
- Download and fill out the Application for Duplicate or Transfer of Title Form (REG 227)
- Deliver it to a local DMV office in California or mail it to DMV, P.O. Box 942869, Sacramento, CA 94269
- Pay the replacement fee of $21 and get your duplicate title in 15-30 days
You can also use the CA DMV Virtual Office to apply for a duplicate title.
Can I Sell an Abandoned Vehicle in California?
You can’t sell an abandoned car in California that you don’t have a title to, even if it’s on your property. The California DMV has abandoned vehicle removal procedures that you can follow.
Simply use the VIN to try to locate the owner of the car. Send the owner and lienholder a 10-day notice of intention to abate via certified email. Next, get an authorized public agency officer to fix a distinctive notice on the abandoned car at least 72 hours before removal. The local authorities will come to remove it.
How Much are Junk Cars Worth in California?
Even with extreme damage, your junk car is still worth something. Its value depends on several factors: including its year, make, model, condition, ability to be sold at auctions, weight, demand for its parts, current market prices of scrap parts, and more.
Get Fast Cash for Your Junk Car in California
At Junk Car Medics, we buy your old, wrecked cars regardless of the condition for top dollar. We can have it out of your property in as little as a day.
Fill out our online form and get an instant offer for your junk car!