We buy junk cars for cash in Massachusetts. We buy junk cars in Massachusetts that are wrecked, no longer on the road, beyond repair, or simply needs to be taken to a salvage yard. Getting cash for junk cars in Massachusetts is the act of getting paid to junk a car that is unwanted. A junk car in Massachusetts is a vehicle that is not operable, or one that is fixable, but it costs more to repair than the vehicle is worth. To dispose of a junk car, it is removed and taken to a junk yard where any usable parts are removed to be resold. The majority of the remainder of the vehicle is recycled by scrap yards, with about 80% of a vehicle being recyclable or reusable overall.
Massachusetts junk car removal is how junk cars are taken from your property to the junk or scrap yard. Massachusetts junk car removal in is usually done by a local towing company using a flat bed or traditional tow truck, depending on the type and condition of the vehicle. Scrapyards in Massachusetts are capable of dismantling all types of metals and recycling them into useful components.
Junk Car Medics provides junk car removal in Massachusetts through 10 convenient locations in cities and suburbs like Boston, Springfield, Worcester, Cambridge, Lowell, and Fall River. We use your local towing company to have your junk car removed in Massachusetts, then have that junk car delivered to your local junk yard.
By using locally owned towing companies, junk yards, and scrap yards, Junk Car Medics is able to offer the best prices for junk cars and keep all of the benefit of those transactions within your own community. Each dollar spent equates to about $1.37 in economic impact when the money is spent locally. Not only does using licensed junk yards in Massachusetts ensure cars are being disposed of in an eco-friendly manner, it helps your local economy thrive.
Unfortunately, some junk cars are more difficult to remove. Massachusetts law states that abandoned cars on private property, public roadways, and places accessible to the public (parks, parking lots) are only be towed away at the direction of the vehicle’s owner or the police department. Even if the junk car is right in front of your house, you need to call the police to have it removed. Once it has been approved for removal, only a licensed towing company using the appropriate licensed equipment are allowed to remove the junk car.
What is the Massachusetts Cash for Junk Cars Program?
The state of Massachusetts no longer has a cash for junk cars program. The moneys used to fund the program were from a federal grant that has long since dried up. However, the state does its best to encourage people to remove junk cars in Massachusetts immediately. Although the state doesn’t have a set program, some communities make it even easier to junk your car in Massachusetts because they know that junk cars are bad for the environment and their city’s reputation.
What are the laws for Massachusetts Car Recycling Laws?
Massachusetts car recycling laws are found in Chapter 140 of the codified Massachusetts General Law and overseen by the Massachusetts Registry of Vehicles (RMV). The laws are few, simple, and easy to follow so that getting your junk car removed in Massachusetts as quickly as possible. The laws about junk car recycling split responsibility and rules between the general public and junk car buyers and facilities in Massachusetts.
Listed below are the three main laws for car recycling in Massachusetts.
- Clear title required in most cases to junk a car in Massachusetts. Massachusetts defines a clear title as a Certificate of Title with no errors, liens, or other encumbrances, and is not nor has ever had a salvage title of any type. Cars are able to be junked with a Salvage Title, a Parts-Only Title, or an Owner-Retained Title. More on this in the next section.
- Must surrender title when junking a car in Massachusetts. If you take the junk car to the scrap yard yourself, you must surrender the Certificate of Title to the RMV, along with a Junking or Scrapping a Motor Vehicle form. If you sell your junk car to a junk car buyer in Massachusetts, the scrap yard takes care of surrendering the title.
- You must cancel your registration with the RMV when you sell your junk car in Massachusetts. It doesn’t matter how surrenders the Certificate of Title, you must notify the RMV of the sale and cancel your registration.
The most important law to follow when junking a car in Massachusetts is cancelling your registration. By notifying the RMV of the sale and canceling your registration, you remove the responsibility for the junk car from you to the junk car buyer. If you sell your junk car for cash in Massachusetts and you don’t have the appropriate Certificate of Title it is discovered when you complete this required step.
What are the myths about selling junk cars for cash in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the three main myths about selling junk cars for cash in Massachusetts.
1. You must have a title to junk any car in Massachusetts. Some vehicles are sold without a Certificate of title. Passenger vehicles with a model year of 1980 or older and purchased before November 26, 1990 are exempt from titling laws. Vehicles that are at least 10 years old and deemed totaled by an insurance company are exempt from salvage titling laws and are simply sold for scrap.
2. Scrap any junk car on your private property in Massachusetts. You can only scrap a junk car yourself if you own it. If someone else leaves a junk car on your property, you must contact the local police and have them remove the junk car in Massachusetts. If the owner cannot be found, the junk car is scrapped by the local government. How the funds are used varies from community to community.
3. Junk a car if you own it but never titled it. You cannot sell a motor vehicle in any state without titling it in your name first. Failure to do so is called title jumping, and it is a felony in Massachusetts. If you never titled the car, you will have to do so before selling it to a junk car buyer in Massachusetts. There are few exemptions to this rule.
When should you junk your car?
A car needs to be junked in Massachusetts when it no longer runs or is too expensive to fix compared to its value. Junk cars are not to be left sitting around on the property. Fines are imposed in Massachusetts as well as penalties from the local government. For example, the Junk Car Bylaw in Tolland states that it is illegal to have two or more junk cars on any property for more than one month unless they are garaged.
How to Sell Your Junk Car in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the five main ways to sell your junk car in Massachusetts.
1. Find a junk car buyer in Massachusetts in your area or online
2. Get free quotes to determine the value of your junk car in Massachusetts
3. Accept one offer and schedule free removal of junk cars in Massachusetts
4. Complete the paperwork, including Junking or Scrapping Motor Vehicle Form in Massachusetts.
5. Get paid cash for junking your car in Massachusetts.
That's how to sell a junk car for cash in Massachusetts.
How do you improve the value of your junk car in Massachusetts?
To improve the value of your junk car in Massachusetts do these three things. First, make sure you have the vehicle title. Massachusetts requires a vehicle title to junk a car unless it is over 10 years old and declared totaled by insurance or it is 1980 or older and was purchased before 1990. You may be able to junk your car without the title. However, the value of your junk car greatly decreases if you do not have the vehicle title.
Second, shop around and get multiple offers from junk car buyers in Massachusetts. Different junk car buyers offer different values in Massachusetts. There are many junk car buyers throughout the state including in Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Cambridge, and Lowell. Lastly, sell when scrap metal prices are high in Massachusetts. Scrap metal prices are the biggest factor in the value of your junk car in Massachusetts. Therefore, junking your car when scrap car prices are high in Massachusetts gets you the best value for your junk car.
How to apply for a Replacement Title in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the four main steps on how to apply for a replacement title in Massachusetts.
1. Complete a Duplicate Title Application form. Get the form at any RMV location, on their website, or from any insurance agency licensed in Massachusetts.
2. Make sure all appropriate boxes and spaces are filled. If you’re missing anything you application will be rejected and have to start over. All owners in Massachusetts must sign and date the form so that it will be valid.
3. Submit a lien release, if required. If the previous title shows a lien and the associated loan has since been paid, you must submit a lien release from the lender with the Duplicate Title Application Form. The lien release must be an original directly from the lender on their letterhead. A faxed copy is not accepted. If there is still a lien, it must be satisfied before selling the junk car in Massachusetts.
4. Mail the forms and documentation. You must send the forms with a $25 check via mail to the RMV at PO Box 199136; Boston, MA 02119. Mark the envelope “Attention: Duplicate Title Department.”
The RMV says to allow 7 to 10 business days after they receive the application in the mail for processing. If you consider that the post office requires mail to be delivered within 2 business days and it must be mailed both ways, it takes no more than 14 business days to receive the duplicate title in the mail.
How to know the value of your Junk Car in Massachusetts?
Listed below are ways to know the value of a junk car in Massachusetts.
|Massachusetts||Minimum Junk Car Price||Maximum Junk Car Price|
|2007 Nissan Altima||$390.00||$535.00|
|2003 Honda Accord||$430.00||$800.00|
|2010 Toyota Prius||$300.00||$1,875.00|
|2002 Toyota Camry||$390.00||$450.00|
|2008 Nissan Altima||$335.00||$555.00|
|2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee||$505.00||$1,015.00|
|2005 Honda Civic||$365.00||$550.00|
|2003 Ford Explorer||$520.00||$535.00|
|2003 Bmw 3-Series||$300.00||$465.00|
|2006 Ford Taurus||$425.00||$560.00|
|2006 Toyota Sequoia||$1,480.00||$1,730.00|
|2006 Nissan Murano||$175.00||$480.00|
|2005 Acura Tl||$430.00||$770.00|
|2004 Subaru Outback||$460.00||$750.00|
|2005 Chevrolet Equinox||$425.00||$475.00|
|2006 Honda Accord||$430.00||$530.00|
|2001 Honda Civic||$365.00||$480.00|
Does Massachusetts pay more for junk cars than other states?
Yes, Massachusetts does pay more for junk cars than other states. The average amount that junk buyers pay for junk cars in Massachusetts is $707.35. Prices varies depending on year, make, and model. Comparatively, the national average for junk cars is $622.93. This means that junk cars in Massachusetts are worth $84.42 more than in other states. States that pay more for junk cars than Massachusetts include Pennsylvania, Texas, and New York.
The states that pay more for junk cars than Massachusetts are:
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in Texas for Cash
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in New York for Cash
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in Pennsylvania for Cash
How many Junk Cars are wrecked a year in Massachusetts?
254,375 junk cars are recycled a year in Massachusetts.
Recycle Nation estimates over 12 million cars are recycled in the United States every year. There are 329.5 million people living in the United States and 6,984,723 of those people live in Massachusetts according to the most recent census data. That makes up 2.12% of the United States population. Therefore, it is estimated that of the 12 million cars that are recycled annually in the United States, 254,375 occur in Massachusetts.
Does Junk Car Medics buy junk cars in Massachusetts?
Yes, Junk Car Medics buys junk cars in Massachusetts. There are 10 Junk Car Medics locations in Massachusetts to help keep the state free of junk cars. Our proprietary technology automates much of the process, giving you a competitive offer instantly. All you must do is enter your contact and vehicle information, including providing your location.
Junk Car Medics has junk car facilities in these ten Massachusetts towns and suburbs:
- Fall River junk car removal and recycle for cash
- New Bedford junk car salvaging and recycle for cash
- Boston junk car wrecking and removal for cash
- Brockton junk car recycling for cash
- Lawrence cash for junk cars
- Lowell auto salvage for cash
- Lynn junk car scrapping for cash
- Quincy junk car salvaging for cash
- Springfield cash for junk vehicles
- Worcester junk vehicle removal and scrapping
Junk Car Medics pays between $40 to $14,535 for junk cars in Massachusetts.
What are the Best JunkYards in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the three best junkyards in Massachusetts.
- 114 Auto Salvage. 114 Auto Salvage is the best to go to in Middleton if you have a junk car that really is good for nothing but scrap. They come pick up your junk car and tow it away to be immediately crushed and recycled. They have a 4.9 rating on Google, and good reviews on Facebook, but they are not listed at the BBB at all.
- Salisbury Auto Salvage. Salisbury Auto Salvage in Salisbury has an A+ rating with the BBB, 4.9 stars on Google, and countless positive reviews around the web. They pay cash for junk cars in Massachusetts as well as selling used car parts. Customers rave most about their customer service.
- Arthur’s Auto Junk Yard. Located in Taunton, Arthur’s is best known for their great prices on used auto parts. The staff is courteous and helpful, making sure you get the right part for the right vehicle. Like most junk yards, they buy junk cars in Massachusetts for parting out, then send them to a metal scrap yard.
Other junk yards in Massachusetts have poor ratings and reviews, but you can still get a great deal on your junk car for cash in Massachusetts by selling your junk car to Junk Car Medics. We deal with local tow companies and junk yards for you so that you avoid any frustrations.
What are the Best Junk Car Buyers in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the three best junk car buyers in Massachusetts.
- Junk Car Medics. Junk Car Medics is the best option for junk car removal in Massachusetts. We handle the process from start to finish to get you the best price for your junk car in Massachusetts while ensuring the junk car is being disposed of properly. Junk Car Medics provides instant offers and fast pickup for junk cars in Massachusetts, and has high ratings and reviews, as well as BBB accreditation and an A+ rating.
- Angel’s Towing. Located in Plympton, this junk car buyer sells used car parts and maintains a junk yard. It is one of the newest junk car buyers in Massachusetts but has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. While it could be too soon to tell if this junk car buyer is be better than the rest, but they have a 5 star rating compared to the 4.0-4.3 of most other junk car buyers.
- J&J Junk Car Removal. This junk car buyer in North Grafton has a great reputation for providing fast and friendly service, and for removing junk cars in Massachusetts in a timely manner. However, they have a reputation for not paying what they offered when they come to pick up the junk car for cash in Massachusetts.
When you work with Junk Car Medics you always get the price you were quoted online and know exactly what to expect when you sell your junk car in Massachusetts with our junk car buyers.
How to Choose a Junk Car Buyer in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the five main ways to choose a junk car buyer in Massachusetts.
- Ask your friends and family about junk car buyers in Massachusetts. They may be able to offer recommendations, or are able to offer news that allows you to eliminate options.
- Find junk car buyers near you. The closer a junk car buyer is to where the car is currently located, the lower the towing costs and the more cash for your junk car in Massachusetts. Junk Car Medics has 10 locations, which means there is likely one near you.
- Compare towing details. Will you be charged for the junk car removal in Massachusetts? How quickly after accepting an offer will your Massachusetts junk car be towed?
- Compare junk car prices in Massachusetts. Get an offer on your junk car with no obligation to sell. That means spend some time to compare every junk car price from every junk car buyer in your area to find the best price.
- Look up reviews for the junk car buyer in Massachusetts. Once you have a short list of three or four possible junk car buyers, look them up and check their reviews and ratings. Many junk car buyers in Massachusetts have a 4.3 or lower rating, but Junk Car Medics is a well-known and well-respected junk car buyer in Massachusetts.
If you want to take the work out of finding the best junk car buyer in Massachusetts, Junk Car Medics is here to help. Fill out a simple form on our website, and get the best price for your junk car in Massachusetts.
What to know about Junk Car Industry in Massachusetts?
In 2016 there were roughly 2.3 million vehicles registered in the state of Massachusetts. Junk cars and other vehicles not driven on public roads often don’t have to be registered and are not included in that number.
The state of Massachusetts is very strict when it comes to rules about junking cars. Although the rules are simple, they are strictly enforced. Many violations of titling, junking, or scrapping laws are considered a felony charge and possibly come with at least one year in state prison. That's pretty steep compared to other states that junk cars in the USA.
Is Junk Car Industry Big in Massachusetts?
The junk car industry in Massachusetts is very big, as evidenced by the many junk car buyers, junk yards, salvage yards, and scrap recycling centers in the state. The Massachusetts junk car industry is worth $678 million per year, compared to the national annual revenue of over $32 billion.
Although the Department of Transportation continues to access and make changes every year, Massachusetts’ roads are famously congested. Massachusetts has the highest percentage of drivers with an accident in their history of any state in the nation, so it makes sense there are a lot of wrecked cars to junk in Massachusetts.
What are the necessities to open a Junk Car Facility in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts limits where a junk car facility can open in Massachusetts. A junk yard cannot open near a highway system without screening the junk cars, junking equipment, and metal scrap from view. Junk yards can’t be opened within 300 yards of a park, school, or beach, playground, church, or cemetery without screening and restricting access.
Once granted a license for a junk yard, junk car facilities in Massachusetts must meet certain regulatory requirements. More than one of these requires routine inspections. Denying the inspectors access to any part of the junk car facility is illegal and punishable by up to a $200,000 fine.
How does Massachusetts define a Junk Vehicle?
Massachusetts does not define a junk vehicle on its own. Instead, Massachusetts lumps junk vehicles in with other “junk.” According to Massachusetts General Law, junk is defined as “old or scrap copper, brass…rubber debris, waste, or junked, dismantled, or wrecked automobiles, or parts thereof, iron, steel, and other old scrap material.”
Are Motorcycles, Bicycles and Other Vehicles included for Junk Vehicle Removal in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, the removal of junk cars does not include motorcycles, bicycles, and other types of vehicles. Junk car removal companies in Massachusetts only buy cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Is it better to donate your junk car instead of selling in Massachusetts?
It is better to sell your junk cars instead of donating it in Massachusetts. If a junk car is donated in Massachusetts there are likely to be fees that come out of the vehicle’s value. Donating a junk car in Massachusetts may not get you a tax write-off if you do not itemize your income taxes. If the preference is still to donate a junk car, sell it, and the profits are then donated to the charity of choice in Massachusetts. When deciding whether to junk or donate your car that will get the highest donation value for your junk car in Massachusetts.
How to Shield a Junk Vehicle from Public View in Massachusetts?
Listed below are the three main ways to shield a junk vehicle from public view in Massachusetts.
- Keep your junk car in the garage. Most local laws about junk cars in Massachusetts on private or public property do not apply as long as the junk car is stored in a garage. It has to be enclosed – it can’t be a carport.
- Cover the junk car with a tarp. If the junk car in Massachusetts is completely covered by a tarp that was made for that type of vehicle, you might be able to get away with leaving it in your driveway. The vehicle must have all 4 wheels, and anything that makes the vehicle appear to be a junk car, including lack of plates, needs be covered by the tarp neatly.
- Build a temporary privacy fence. If you build a privacy fence high enough, completely shield your junk vehicle in Massachusetts from view. Anyone inspecting the property will never know it was there. Make sure you don’t need a permit for a privacy fence before building or you could face other penalties.
Many communities and homeowner’s associations have laws or rules about junk car vehicles in public view. Most of these laws give you at least 30 days to remove a junk car from your property. Since it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get a duplicate title, that is needed to sell the junk car for cash in Massachusetts, shield your junk vehicle from public view in Massachusetts.
What is the penalty of Junk Vehicle Law in Massachusetts?
Violations of junk vehicle law by individuals in Massachusetts are a felony charge. Felonies in Massachusetts are punishable by at least 1 year in the state prison, in addition to possible fines. Sometimes prison sentences are commuted to community service and probation. Junk yards that violate junk vehicle law in Massachusetts face stiff financial penalties as high as $200,000 or more depending on the offense.
Information about State of Massachusetts and Junk Vehicles
Massachusetts is the 7th smallest state in terms of area and is located on the East coast. Officially called a Commonwealth rather than a state, Massachusetts is bordered by Vermont and New Hampshire to the north, Rhode Island and Connecticut to the south, and New York to the west. It’s capital city is Boston of American Revolutionary fame, and its governor is currently Charlie Baker.
The population of Massachusetts is 6.873 million, which is higher than some other states with far more land mass. This population is divided into 14 counties, with Middlesex, Worcester, and Suffolk counties being the largest. Springfield, Cambridge, and Lowell are not too far behind. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the three most common occupations in Massachusetts are office and administrative professionals, management careers, and sales careers.
<Economic growth and mass>
The products produced most in Massachusetts are food and beverage products, machinery, and transportation equipment. However, the biggest exports are computer and electronic component and chips, chemicals, and processed food.
There are around 5 million cars in total in Massachusetts. This includes junk vehicles.
How does the Covid-19 affect the Junk Car Salvage and Removal in Massachusetts?
As of July 1, 2022, Massachusetts is under a mask advisory. This means that you are encouraged but not legally required to wear a mask whenever you are indoors, such as in the office of a junk yard. Some junk yards may require masks. With or without masks, social distancing is encouraged. It is best to work with junk car buyers that automate the offer process and are able to remove the junk car without any close contact. Although state-funded transportation requires a mask, you are not required to wear a mask while dealing with the tow truck driver that picks up your junk car in Massachusetts.
What is the importance of Junk Car Salvaging and Removal?
Junk car salvaging and removal in Massachusetts is extremely important. Every vehicle reaches the end of its life at some point in time. Junk car buyers and removal services in Massachusetts properly dispose of vehicles in an environmentally friendly way. Car parts are recycled when possible in Massachusetts. The fluids and chemicals are properly drained so they do not leak into the earth in Massachusetts. The remaining scrap metal is then crushed and recycled at a metal recycling facility in or near Massachusetts.
Why chose Junk Car Medics for your Junk Car Salvage and Removal?
Junk Car Medics takes the work out of finding a local buyer for your junk car for cash in Massachusetts. We get you the best price possible in the area. All you need to do is enter some basic information in Junk Car Medics website tool and have an offer within minutes. We use local tow companies and sell your junk car to local junk yards at a low price so that they can use the transaction to perpetuate economic growth through selling used car parts and recycling junk cars for metal in Massachusetts.
Does Massachusetts still have cash for clunkers?
Massachusetts does not have a cash for clunkers program. Cash for Clunkers was a federally-funded program that helped states reduce the number of junk cars cluttering up yards, parking lots, and streets. The funds for the Cash for Clunkers program in Massachusetts and the rest of the nation ran out several years ago. However, Massachusetts still makes recycling junk cars easy by having simple title requirements and a simple junking process.