Sell Junk Cars For Cash in Texas
- 24 Hours a Day
- Call Now: (855) 587-0227
- Mon-Fri: 8 am – 7 pm
- Sat: 8 am – 2 pm
- Sun: Closed
Junk Car Medics provides the easiest and most profitable way for people to sell junk cars for cash in Texas. Junk Car Medics will get you the best possible price for your unwanted scrap cars with our quick and easy junk car removal process. Junk cars in Texas are defined as vehicles that have been left unattended and inoperable for 72 consecutive hours on public property or more than 30 days on private property. Junk cars are classified as inoperable when they are missing valid license plates, totaled, or missing valuable parts, such as the transmission or the engine.
Junk car removal in Texas involves picking up and recycling scrap cars for a cash exchange. Selling a junk vehicle is possible by contacting auto salvage yards, independent car junkers, or vehicle recycling facilities and scheduling a time for pickup and payment. Junk Car Medics makes all aspects of the junk car removal process a breeze with a free, instant price quote and cash payment upon pickup.
Junk car removal in Texas is vital for the economy and the environment. Old rusty vehicles tend to leak and emit toxicities that can potentially harm wildlife and residents alike. It is important to recycle all parts of a scrap vehicle properly to eliminate excess waste and the presence of unsightly junkers. Selling scrap cars allows Texas residents to make a profit from undrivable clunkers, which gives them a chance to invest in a more eco-friendly vehicle with fewer emissions. This extra boost in income is reinvested into the community by junk car sellers in Texas while removing rusty, decrepit jalopies from public view. Junk Car Medics will pick up and dispose of unwanted vehicles all over Texas, including cities such as Houston, Dallas, El Paso, Arlington, and Fort Worth.
Texas law classifies junk vehicles as a public nuisance, which prevents them from being stored in public view. Cars are considered “abandoned nuisance vehicles” when they are in an inoperable or wrecked condition and/or over 10 years old.
How to junk a car in Texas
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to junk a car in Texas.
Step 1: Call us at 1-855-585-0777 or get offer online
Step 2: Accept your best junk car offer in Texas
Step 3: Schedule junk car removal in Texas
Step 4: Sign over the Texas title
Step 5: Get paid cash for cars in Texas
Junking a vehicle in Texas should be a stress-free process. Junk Car Medics handles all the heavy lifting so selling your old car can be a totally painless ordeal! Even if Junk Car Medics isn’t your go-to for all your junk car removal needs, it is important to only sell to junk car buyers who will not charge you for picking up your vehicle.
Anyone can learn how to junk a car in Texas. Texas requires sellers to compile and submit all necessary paperwork for a legal sale. Only work with junk car buyers willing to comply with state law and who will file all paperwork for you.
What documents do I need to scrap a vehicle in Texas?
To scrap a vehicle in Texas, you will primarily need a copy of the vehicle title. Most legal vehicle sales in Texas will require a vehicle title, but if you do not have access to it, you may provide the vehicle registration and a copy of a valid driver’s license instead. The vehicle’s license plates must be surrendered to the Texas DMV as well.
Junk car buyers must submit an Application for Salvage Title or Nonrepairable Vehicle and submit this form to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. This application requires an $8 submission fee. An additional $2 is required for those who are unable to obtain the original vehicle title.
If a salvage title is obtained, a car may be repaired for future sale or use. If a title is obtained for a nonrepairable vehicle, this vehicle is not allowed to be restored and must be properly recycled by the junk car buyer.
Who Buys Junk Cars in Texas
There are tons of junk car buyers in Texas, but you should always do your fair share of research to make sure you’re getting the best possible price for your clunker. Below are the types of junk car buyers in Texas who will pick and remove your old vehicle for a cash exchange.
- Junk Car Medics - Junk Car Medics in the best junk car removal business in Texas. The appraisal process is easy and can be completed online or over the phone. Vehicle pickup takes no time at all, and all junk car sellers will be paid in cash at the time of removal. Junk car sellers will always receive the best price possible for their old cars.
- Local Junkyards - Junkyards around Texas are willing to pay cash for your clunker. In each Texas city, there are about 5-6 junkyards that will pick up our vehicle and give you cash for it. Local junkyards work with recycling facilities to dispose of your vehicle in an eco-friendly, cost-effective way so they can offer you a good chunk of change for that old jalopy on your property.
- Cash for Junk Cars Services - These are generalized services that may work with local junkyards and recycling facilities to get a great price for your car. These services may not have a concrete location and appraisals may be performed online or over the phone. There is tons of cash for junk cars services in Texas, but it is important to figure out which ones are the most reliable and pick up scrap cars for free.
Selling a scrap vehicle seems daunting at first, but there are loads of junk car buyers around just waiting to hand your cash for that old car. Though Junk Car Medics is 100% the best option for getting rid of your rusty, wrecked, or unwanted vehicles, you should always be choosing a junk car buyer that is friendly, reliable, and takes care of filing all the necessary paperwork for you.
How to Choose a Junk Car Buyer in Texas?
Here are 6 steps to choosing a junk car buyer in Texas.
- Make a list of 2-5 licensed junk buyers in Texas
- Choose the junk car buyer that pays the most for vehicles and has the best reputation
- Double check to ensure the junk vehicle removal in Texas is free
- Fill out and submit all the necessary paperwork for a legal sale to the junk car buyer
- Always go with a friendly buyer that is willing to file the paperwork on your behalf
- Choose a junk car buyer in Texas that pays cash for junk cars immediately upon removal
Junk car buyers must be friendly, reliable, and willing to remove the scrap vehicle at no cost to the seller. It is crucial to ensure all required paperwork is filled out on the day of towing to ensure a legal sale. Only sell a junk vehicle to scrap car buyers willing to pay cash upon pickup.
How do I sell a car to a junkyard in Texas
- Choose the best junk car buyer for your vehicle in Texas.
- Contact the junkyard for an appraisal of your vehicle.
- Receive a price quote and agree on time and place of vehicle pickup in Texas.
- Gather all necessary paperwork and give it to the junk car buyer at the time of vehicle pickup.
- On the day of car removal, receive a cash payment for the scrap vehicle.
Junkyards should never charge you for picking up a vehicle. Always compare price quotes and go with the junk car buyer willing to pay you the most for your car in Texas.
What are the best junkyards in Texas
Here are the best junkyards in Texas that will pickup and dispose of your scrap car for free.
- Elite Auto Salvage - This junkyard has been in business for over 30 years. They offer free junk vehicle pickup and are a small yard with a good variety of salvage vehicles to choose from.
- Fred’s Junk Car Buyers and Towing - This junkyard removes cars with or without a title. They remove cars in Houston and within a 100-mile radius of the city. This junkyard and towing company has been in business for over 50 years and offers competitive pricing for junk vehicles.
- Twin Lakes Auto Salvage - This junkyard offers free junk vehicle pickup and has over 2,000 salvage vehicles in their lot to choose from. They offer used auto parts and are a proud family-owned business.
Does Junk Car Medics Buy Junk Cars in Texas?
Yes Junk Car Medics buys cars and junk cars in Texas. Junk Car Medics uses a network of car buyers, junk car buyers, auto auctions, towing services, and junkyards to buy junk cars in Texas.
Here are recent price ranges for junk cars in Texas.
[TODD INSERT TABLE]
1. Cash for Junk Cars in Houston
Houston is a Texas city located in Harris County. The mayor of Houston is Sylvester Turner, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. Houston has a population of 2,304,580 people as of 2020. It stands as the most populous city in Texas and the 4th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Harris County make up around 15% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 68,493 junk vehicles are located in Houston, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in Houston is defined as an inoperable “nuisance vehicle” that has been left unattended for more than 72 consecutive hours on public property, or 30 days on private property.
2. Cash for Junk Cars in Dallas
Dallas is a Texas city located in Dallas County. The mayor of Dallas is Eric Johnson, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. Dallas has a population of 1,304,379 people as of 2020. It stands as the 3rd most populous city in Texas and the 9th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Dallas make up around 9.19% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 41,914 junk vehicles are located in Dallas, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 10-15 years old. A junk car in Dallas is defined as an inoperable “nuisance vehicle” that has been left unattended for more than 72 consecutive hours on public property, or 30 days on private property.
3. Cash for Junk Cars in Arlington
Arlington is a Texas city located in Tarrant County. The mayor of Arlington is Jim Ross, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. Arlington has a population of 394,266 people as of 2020. It stands as the 7th most populous city in Texas and the 50th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Tarrant County make up around 7.5% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 34,601 junk vehicles are located in Arlington, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in Arlington is defined as considered abandoned or a “nuisance” vehicle if it is inoperable, has 2 or more flat/missing tires for more than 14 days, contains rodents such as mice, and has been on public property for more than 72 consecutive hours. This applies if the vehicle has been on private property for 30 consecutive days in the same condition.
4. Cash for Junk Cars in El Paso
El Paso is a Texas city located in El Paso County. The mayor of El Paso is Oscar Leeser, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. El Paso has a population of 678,815 people as of 2020. It stands as the 6th most populous city in Texas and the 23rd most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in El Paso make up around 3.2% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 14,645 junk vehicles are located in El Paso, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in El Paso is defined as an inoperable “nuisance vehicle” that has been left unattended for more than 72 consecutive hours on public property, or 30 days on private property.
5. Cash for Junk Cars in Fort Worth
Fort Worth is a Texas city located in Tarrant County. The mayor of Fort Worth is Mattie Parker, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. F ort Worth has a population of 958,692 people as of 2020. It stands as the 5th most populous city in Texas and the 13th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Tarrant County make up around 7.5% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 34,608 junk vehicles are located in Tarrant County, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in Fort Worth is defined as an inoperable “nuisance vehicle” that has been left unattended for more than 72 consecutive hours on public property, or 30 days on private property.
6.Cash for Junk Cars in Austin
Austin is a Texas city located in Austin County. The mayor of Austin is Steve Adler, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. Austin has a population of 965,872 people as of 2020. It stands as the 4th most populous city in Texas and the 11th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Austin make up around 9.2% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 40,265 junk vehicles are located in Austin, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in Austin is defined as an inoperable “nuisance vehicle” that has been left unattended for more than 72 consecutive hours on public property, or 30 days on private property.
7. Cash for Junk Cars in San Antonio
San Antonio is a Texas city located in Bexar County. The mayor of San Antonio is Ron Nirenberg, and the governor of Texas is Greg Abbott. San Antonio has a population of 1,434,625 people as of 2020. It stands as the 2nd most populous city in Texas and the 7th most populous city in the United States. Vehicles in Bexar County make up around 7.4% of all registered vehicles in Texas. Roughly 32,715 junk vehicles are located in Bexar County, with the average age of junk vehicles coming in around 9-11 years old. A junk car in San Antonio is defined as a car that has been inoperable “in ordinary public view” for a period of 45 continuous days. Junk vehicles are considered a “nuisance” in Texas and are therefore forbidden to be displayed in public.
Why choose Junk Car Medics for your Junk Car Buyer?
Junk Car Medics is the most reliable junk car buyer in Texas. Junk Car Medics researches the best junk car buyers in Texas to collaborate with, encouraging these buyers to offer competitive price quotes for the car. These junk car buyers include car auctions, junkyards, wrecking yards, salvage yards, and individual vehicle buyers. By working with a large group of individual buyers, junkyards, and facilities, Junk Car Medics is able to get the ultimate price for any old, unwanted vehicle.
Junk Car Medics has gained the support of thousands of customers online who are looking to sell a junk vehicle. Junk Car Medics has purchased 200,000 vehicles and paid sellers over $55 million in payouts for their unwanted cars. We make it much easier than any other junk car buyer to get your scrap vehicle removed for cash. Once the year, make, model, and condition of the vehicle are entered on our website, we will send over a quick, immediate price quote. Sellers have the option of setting up the sale and picking up their vehicle instantly, or they may wait to weigh their options. Junk car sellers will always receive cash for their scrap vehicles upon pickup.
What Are Current Scrap Car Prices in Texas?
The average price of a scrap car in Texas is $618.91. This is $55.91 higher than the average junk car price in the USA. Junk cars are in high demand right now, and buyers are willing to pay top dollar for your scrap car. Nationwide scrap car prices average in at $563, though many states are willing to pay much more than that for your old clunker.
What factors determine how much junk cars are worth in Texas?
Factors that impact junk car prices and the value of junk cars are listed below.
- The make, model, and year of the junk car in Texas.
- The condition and operability of a vehicle.
- The value and demand of the vehicle’s most valuable parts in Texas.
- The total weight of the vehicle in scrap metal.
- The price of scrap metal in Texas.
- If the vehicle’s title is available or not. The value of a vehicle lowers without a title.
- Where the vehicle is located in Texas.
The junk car values in Texas fluctuate depending on the price and demand of valuable parts of the car. The condition, make, model, and year of the car also affect how much the junk car is worth in Texas.
Does Texas pay more for junk cars than other states?
Yes, Texas pays more than 38 other states in the USA for junk cars. The average price for a junk vehicle in Texas is $618.91. The average price of a junk car in the USA is $563. Texas pays about $55.91 more on average than most other states in the USA.
What to know about the Junk Car Industry in Texas?
Texas is a south-central state in the United States of America. Texas has a total population of 29,145,505 and is the 2nd most populous place in the USA. The capital of Texas is Austin. The median income in Texas is about $64,034. States that border Texas are New Mexico, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas. There are roughly 22.8 million registered vehicles in Texas. About 1-2% of all registered vehicles in Texas are junk cars. With this in mind, it is estimated that 456,000 junk vehicles are in Texas.
The Alliance for Automotive Innovation states that the auto industry accounts for 460,100 jobs in Texas. Used vehicle sales make up 54% of the $3.5 billion state tax revenue. Junk vehicles are the most recyclable item in the USA. There are at least 5 junk car buyers on average in every city and town in Texas. This means there are around 7,350 junk car buyers located in Texas.
Laws surrounding junk vehicles in Texas mostly refer to these cars as a “public nuisance”, which makes it illegal for scrap vehicles to be in the public. Junk vehicles must be kept in the rear of residential buildings or in a covered area such as a garage. Junk car buyers are required to obtain a junk title when purchasing a junk car. Junk vehicles cannot be repaired or sold for future use. Vehicles intended for such require a salvage title.
Is the Junk Car Industry Big in Texas?
Yes, the junk car industry is big in Texas. There are around 456,000 junk cars and 7,350 junk car buyers in Texas. The auto industry provides hundreds of thousands of jobs in Texas, and used cars in particular bring in $3.5 billion in state tax revenue. The average price for a junk vehicle in Texas is $618.
How does Texas define a Junk Vehicle?
A junk vehicle in Texas is defined as a vehicle that is inoperable, wrecked, rusted, and/or missing vital parts, such as the engine, tires, or steering wheel. Texas refers to junk vehicles as a “public nuisance” and require these cars to either be recycled or stored out of the public view. It is illegal to leave a junk vehicle on public property for more than 72 hours. It is illegal to have a junk vehicle in public view on private property for more than 30 days.
Nuisance vehicles in Texas are defined as vehicles that invite vandalism or a place for rodents to gather. Nuisance vehicles are also described as cars that are a danger to the community, which includes rusty, leaky vehicles. A junk vehicle will usually be about 10-15 years old and have over 160,000 miles.
What are the laws surrounding junk cars in Texas?
Below are 6 laws and city ordinances in Texas regarding junk cars.
- Texas Transportation Code Chapter 683: A car is considered an “abandoned nuisance vehicle” if it is more than 10 years old and is in an inoperable or wrecked condition. Law enforcement must notify the owner of an abandoned vehicle within 10 days of towing or impounding. Those who fail to claim their vehicle within 21 days of receiving notice risk the vehicle being disposed of or sold in a public auction.
- Houston City Ordinance 26-93: Vehicles may not be parked on a public street for more than 24 hours. This effort helps reduce crowded streets and makes stolen vehicles more apparent.
- Arlington Ordinance Nuisance Chapter, Article 1: Junk vehicles are considered nuisance vehicles. These vehicles are at risk of impound after 72 consecutive hours on public property, and 30 consecutive days on private property. All properties in Arlington must remain in an “attractive” state, with no vandalism, high vegetation, or junk vehicles in public view.
- San Antonio City Ordinance; Sec. 35-525. - Outdoor Storage Standards: Junk vehicles must be stored in the backyard and concealed by a “buffer” or “natural topography”. These outdoor storage areas must have a buffer of at least 6 feet tall.
- El Paso Municipal Code Title IX Chapter 9.08: Junk vehicles are considered a public nuisance and are forbidden in El Paso. Junk vehicle owners must be issued a court order if instructed to remove their vehicles by the city. Junk vehicle owners have 5 days from the date of disposal to report their vehicle to the city as junked.
- Austin Code of Ordinances Title 4 Chapter 4-4; Article 1: Junk dealers must send reports to the police chief every day consisting of the transactions that occurred that day. Junk dealers cannot purchase stolen vehicles. Junk dealer’s may not obstruct vehicle traffic on a public street when picking up or disposing of junk vehicles.
All cities in Texas must acknowledge a junk car as a public nuisance and base their local ordinances around this fact. No city in Texas permits junk vehicles to be in public view, as outlined by Texas Transportation Code Chapter 693. All junk vehicles risk being seized in Texas if they are not properly disposed of by the owner
What is the penalty for breaking the Transportation Code Chapter 683 law in Texas?
The penalty for breaking this Texas law is a fine of no more than $200. The removal of the junk vehicle is also required as a penalty.
Transportation Code Chapter 683 specifically states, “If the person maintains a junked vehicle as a public nuisance, the person commits a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine of up to $200. The municipal court shall order the abatement and removal of the nuisance on conviction.”
Do you need a title to junk a car in Texas?
No, you do not need a title to junk a car in Texas, but it is more profitable for the seller to have one. Junk car sellers on average receive $132 more for vehicles that have a title.
Junk vehicles must have some proof of ownership to be towed. Proof of ownership includes documents such as a copy of a valid driver’s license or the vehicle registration. A duplicate title can be obtained by contacting the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles and submitting an application.
How to apply for a Replacement Title in Texas?
Replacement titles in Texas can be obtained if you are missing the original title or simply need a duplicate for a vehicle sale. Getting a replacement title is possible in two steps.
- Fill out Application for a Certified Copy of Title - A mail-in application must include a copy of the owner’s driver’s license and a $2 mail-in fee. This fee can be paid in the form of a check, cashier’s check, or money order payable to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Submit Application to DMV - Applications may be submitted in person or through mail. Refer to the previous step for mail submission directions. Junk vehicle owners may deliver their application in person at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles. This application includes providing a photo ID and a check for $5.45 made payable to the Texas DMV by check, cashier’s check, or money order.
A title is vital to a junk car sale. Junk cars with a title are worth over $100 more than scrap vehicles without one.
Can I junk a car with expired registration in Texas?
Yes, you can junk a car with an expired registration in Texas. Junk vehicle sales generally require the seller to provide proof of ownership, which tends to be the vehicle title. Registration is only required when the title is not available.
Can you junk a car without a pink slip in Texas?
Yes, you can junk a car without a pink slip in Texas. You do not need an insurance company to prove your car is wrecked or totaled to have it removed by junk car buyers. Pink slips are only required when you’d like to take out a loan against the value of your value. As long as you have proof of ownership, you may junk your vehicle.
Is it better to donate your junk car instead of selling it in Texas?
Selling and donating your junk vehicle is essentially the same process in Texas. Many car donation locations offer a tax incentive for vehicle donation, so you are likely to get paid for donation as well.
Those who would prefer cash up front for their junk vehicle would be better off selling the car to junkyards or buyers in the area.
Does Texas still have cash for clunkers?
No, Texas does not still have cash for clunkers. This was a federal program geared toward getting old junkers off of the road. Residents would receive a government voucher that could be used toward getting a newer vehicle, reducing the amount of toxic emissions in the Texas environment. This initiative expired in 2021.
What do I do with my license plates when I junk a car in Texas?
License plates must be surrendered to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles once a junk car is sold. You can surrender your license plates by depositing them at a local Texas DMV.
Can you throw away old license plates in Texas?
No, you cannot throw away old license plates in Texas. Texas law requires license plates to be surrounded by a local DMV. Visit a DMV location to properly dispose of license plates.
Can I scrap a car not in my name in Texas?
No, you cannot scrap a that is not in your name in Texas. All legal car sales in Texas require proof of ownership. This primarily includes the vehicle title. When the vehicle title is not available, proof of ownership can include a valid driver’s license and the vehicle registration.
A car with a lien is not eligible to be sold in Texas. This is because the car is in the lienholder’s name until the debt is fully paid off.
Do I need to notify the DMV if I junk my car in Texas?
Yes, it is required for all junk car sales to be reported to the DMV in Texas. Vehicles with a junk title are not allowed to be sold again for repair or use. The DMV will not register a junk vehicle. Junk vehicles intended for repair or further use require a salvage title.
What is a junk title in Texas?
A junk title in Texas exchanges vehicle ownership from the junk car seller to the buyer. A junk vehicle title is required for a proper sale of inoperable or abandoned vehicles. Scrap vehicles with a junk title are not permitted to be repaired or sold for use in Texas. These vehicles may only be sold for recycling purposes in Texas.
Can I junk my car without a Smog Check in Texas?*
Yes, you can junk a car without a smog check in Texas. Smog test ordinances vary depending on the county in Texas, and emissions tests may not be required for vehicles in all areas. However, smog checks normally apply to vehicles that are intended for use. Since junk vehicles are not allowed to be driven or sold for use again, a smog test generally is not required.
Can I sell a flood damaged car in Texas
Yes, it is possible to sell a flood damaged car in Texas. A flood damaged vehicle is determined as a “total loss” vehicle in Texas. It is very unlikely a flood damaged vehicle can be restored for use due to rusted vital parts such as the engine. Flood damaged vehicles can be junked for cash in Texas, but they may not be sold for use.
Does Texas buy back old cars?
No, Texas does not buy back old cars. The cash for clunkers federal program was an initiative aimed at getting junk cars off the road so residents could invest in newer vehicles with fewer emissions. This program expired in 2021.
What happens if you abandon a car in Texas?
Abandoned vehicles in Texas are subject to seizure and may be put up for auction if the owner of the vehicle does not reach out to the storage facility where the car has been towed to. Vehicles towed on behalf of law enforcement are eligible to be sold by the storage facility to auction or demolished if the owner has not claimed the vehicle within 21 days.
Texas classifies junk vehicles as a public nuisance when they are in the direct view of the public. A person who violates this law and leaves an abandoned vehicle in public view could be subject to a fine of $200 or less, along with the seizure of the abandoned vehicle.