Have a scrap car or car to junk but don't know where to turn?
Car dealerships are not interested in "junk cars", end-of-life vehicles, or vehicles that are damaged beyond repair.
Your options are pretty limited in who buys junk cars.
You can sell your car to one of the few nearby salvage yards OR you can use Junk Car Medics and get top dollar.
Junk Car Medics pays cash for junk cars for up to $500 or more. You can get an instant offer online to sell your junk car today.
Who Buys Junk Cars Near Me? Let's Break It Down Junk Car Buyers
What are your options...who buys junk cars for cash? And can you get $500?
If this is your first time going down the path of selling a junk car then you may be in for a few surprises as you figure out how to junk a car.
The first is there isn't a wide variety of places that buy junk cars.
The second is junk car prices are currently pretty decent, and that's a big factor in how much your junk car is worth. But let's get into it.
Places That Buy Junk Cars For Top Dollar Near Me:
Other Places That Buy Junk Cars:
People Who Buy Junk Cars
Junk Car Medics
Of course, I'm going to start this list off with my company, Junk Car Medics Cash for Junk Cars Service. We make selling a car online quick, easy, and painless, from when you request the quote to when we pick up your car.
Junk Car Medics is a large network of pre-screened auto junkyards, scrap car buyers nearby, and car auctions making it easy to sell your car fast at the best junk car prices. Don't waste time weeding through your options nearby when we've already done so for you.
Junk Car Medics stands out in the car removal service industry for our no-hassle process and top dollar payments with our cash for cars program. The company’s ethical business practices earned the trust of customers who demand to work with only the most reputable auto salvage service.
Junk Car Medics is the nation’s premiere cash for junk cars program purchasing 1,000’s of junk cars each and every month across the United States and provide free junk car removal. With a vast network of auto salvage yards, tow trucks, and auto auctions, Junk Car Medics will get you the most money for your car while providing the best service in the industry. Find out for yourself what your junk car is worth by getting a quote to sell your car.
Notes and How it Works:
- An instant offer will come back instantly, so you don’t have to wait for an email or a phone call to sell your car, truck, van or SUV.
- Junk Car Medics follows up with emails after providing an instant quote.
Professionalism and courtesy are an integral part the company’s culture.
- Transactions are often completed within one business day.
- Free towing nationwide.
- Buys all makes and models such as Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Dodge, Nissan, and everything else.
- Buys used cars, trucks, minivans, SUV's and crossovers.
- Also buys damaged cars and clunkers, running or not.
- Give it a try when you choose to sell junk cars and get your instant cash offer.
- Pays top dollar for all vehicles, $500 for junk cars when possible.
More about the Junk Car Medics network
Junk Car Medics is different from other cash for car buyers because we don’t just let anyone buy your junk. Our goal is to ensure that each client who comes to sell their junk to us gets top dollar and walks away completely satisfied. That is why we only work with reputable buyers in our network. Sure, they are hard to find, but we have the time and resources to identify the most reputable yards, auctions, and buyers across the country.
We take pride in having a rigorous and detailed screening system that only the best auto salvage yards pass. We impose a three-strike policy, whereby if a yard fails to stay up to par with our standards, they are out. This is why you can be confident that when an auto salvage yard buys your junk car for Junk Car Medics, they are the cream of the crop.
Also, thanks to our vast network, we have excellent ties with local and online car auction organizers who often alert us in advance whenever there's an auction, as well as individual junk car buyers who know that we are a good source of junk cars.
Local Scrap Car Recycling Centers / Auto Salvage & Junkyards
This may be the first option you think of even if you've never been to your local junkyard.
Local junkyards, salvage yards, and scrap yards are often willing to buy junk cars because the parts inside can be resold by the business. This makes the junk cars valuable enough to purchase and tow from your property. They also can crush the cars and sell the scrap metal.
This can be a great local option to junk your car however if you have a better conditioned vehicle you are not likely to get the best value.
However, please be cautious.
Junkyards don't have the best reputation for treating their customers kindly. Some can be downright ruthless and haggle with you over and over regarding the price of your junker. And some will claim on the phone that you can sell your junk car for $500 only to do the bait and switch and hit you with a significantly lower cash offer in person. They know you're more likely to settle for $150 after all the trouble you went through.
That's why we think we are a better bet than junkyards nearby.
Notes and How it Works:
- You can always remove valuable parts for reselling before contacting the salvage yard. This works best with easily removed parts like new tires, for example.
- Local yards present a convenient option because of their proximity to your current location.
- Salvage yards might buy your junk car even if you don’t have the title. However, yards in some states will require you to clear the title and liens first. Just call the yard, and ask about the policy.
- Larger cars tend to get the best prices from salvage yards as the price is usually based on the scrap metal market.
- Some yards will issue demand that you pay for the towing service.
- When the driver comes to pick up your car, the price might change. Once the driver puts the hook on your car, you can be pressured to accept a lower price.
- Some salvage yards offer to take care of all the paperwork for you, but this opens you up to liability if they fail to follow through.
Junk Cadr BUyers
Believe it or not, Junk Car Medics isn't the only online junk car buying service. There are actually dozens that'll take any old vehicle.
But that doesn't mean we're equal.
In fact, we're the only company that buys junk cars that features our company and the owner (myself).
The majority of our competitor's websites are all very cartoony and gimmicky. That's what lead me to leave one of the previous sites I started to launch this one.
I wanted to put my face behind the company. I wanted to show you that you can trust Junk Car Medics to give you the best service in the industry.
Others are scared to do that because they're just chasing the dollar.
We'd list them out here but we don't want to give them any publicity 😉
Notes and How it Works:
- A lot will operate similar to Junk Car Medics
- New ones start up all the time, some don't even have a network to work with to sell your car to, so be careful.
Sell Your Junk Car Independently
Depending on your circumstances, you might consider taking a different path to sell it. If you think you get a better price independently, you'll have a few other options such as Craigslist, eBay, and local ads, among others.
Notes and How it Works:
- Clean it up and take good pics
- Be honest about the condition and what they can expect
- If it drives, meet at a local swap spot setup with cameras for security.
Fly by Night Junk Car Buyers
These guys are even scarier than our online competitors.
Every spring, right around tax time, a bunch of new car buying businesses sprouts up. The majority being nothing more than a person renting a tow truck to remove your car and sell it to the local junkyard.
But be cautious! These junk car buyers are the worst. Though they promise a hassle-free experience, their main mission is to take advantage of you, make some quick cash, and maximize their return. If the thought of paying for towing on top of other hidden fees excites you, go with these guys.
The bottom line is: they're sleazy salesmen. Which, in turn, isn't a good thing for the local junkyards.
They know these sleazeballs will go back and forth over pennies.
Can I Sell My Junk Car for $500 Cash?
Due to the high demand for reusable parts and the higher scrap metal prices the chances are currently pretty good to sell a junk car for $500.
The going rate to sell a junk car for cash in 2021 is $358 on average and common prices range from $125 - $625 according to the data by Junk Car Medics.
But it's no guarantee.
If your car is somewhat newer, has working parts, and weighs more, then you may be able to get $500 cash for it.