We buy junk cars for cash in Idaho. We buy junk cars in Idaho that are wrecked, no longer on the road, beyond repair, or simply needs to be taken to a salvage yard. Getting cash for junk cars in Idaho is the act of getting paid to junk a car that is unwanted. Junk cars in Idaho is any vehicle that has reached the end of its life. It is a vehicle that no longer runs, and never again be operable. It's a vehicle that can be fixed, but at a cost higher than the value of the vehicle once it is working. Some vehicles are simply so old that they should no longer be on the road due to emissions.
Idaho junk car removal is the process of getting your junk car removed from your property. Idaho junk car removal is usually handled with a flat bed truck or a standard tow truck, depending on the type of vehicle and its condition. Scrapyards in Idaho are capable of dismantling all types of metals and recycling them into useful components.
Junk Car Medics handled junk car removal in Idaho at no cost to you, but we pay more for your junk car if you are nearby to our Boise location. This includes suburbs like Garden City, Middleton, Meridian, Nampa, Idaho Falls, and Caldwell.
Junk car removal is very important in Idaho, because leaving junk cars in yards or fields causes pollutants to seep into the soil. This causes issues with groundwater and the ability of plants of any kind, even grass, to thrive. Junk cars left to sit leak rust, oil, and other fluids harmful for the environment. Junk car recyclers in Idaho play an important role in disposing of these fluids and recycling every part of the car that are, to save our environment.
Junk car buyers in Idaho keep the sale of your vehicle in your local economy, as well as all of the transactions that follow from it. Junk Car Medics works with junk yards and scrap yards in Boise to keep the economic benefit of selling your junk car for cash right in your own community.
The state of Idaho wants to make sure that junk cars are not put back out on the roads. Because of this, vehicle owners are required to indorse the vehicle’s title with “for junk only” before handing it over to the junk car buyer. Writing this at the top of the title clears you from responsibility if that vehicle ends up back on the road.
What is the Idaho Cash for Junk Cars Program?
Idaho doesn’t have a wrecking and disposal program per se, but they do try to make it easy to keep junk cars out of yards, driveways, and off of neighborhood streets. The requirement to have a title in hand to sell a junk car in Idaho is removed when the vehicle has been previously titled by the seller, but the title has been lost, damaged, destroyed, it is missing an odometer, or the vehicle is a 2010 or older model (After 2031, 2020 and older.)
Not needing a title for such vehicles makes it easier to get rid of vehicles that have truly reached the end of its life.
Idaho has a wrecking and disposal policy for abandoned vehicles. If someone abandons a vehicle on your property, you have to contact local law enforcement to request junk car removal in Idaho. It takes 48 hours for your request to be approved and carried out, but there are some cases in which you can have an abandoned junk car towed from your property in Idaho.
Listed below are the four main ways to get your abandoned junk car towed from your property in Idaho.
- When the driver has been arrested.
- When the vehicle doesn’t have license plates on it.
- When the vehicle is posing a hazard.
- If it is blocking a driveway, intersection, or access to emergency vehicles.
What are the laws for Idaho Car Recycling Laws?
The Idaho state laws that govern car recycling are not many, but they are very clear and to the point. This makes it easy for us to sum up the laws about junking cars in Idaho.
Listed below are the four main laws for car recycling in Idaho.
- Title required: Title law you are required to provide a certificate of title to the junk car buyer in Idaho when they come to remove it from your property, with the few exceptions for older vehicles noted in the previous section.
- Lost, damaged, destroyed, and out-of-state titles: This law implies, if you have previously had a title for the vehicle in Idaho or another state, sell the car to a junk car buyer by providing an application for certificate of title in absence of the original. Need to complete the appropriate accompanying paperwork to transfer ownership. Junk Car Medics helps you with this process so you are not alone in completing the steps to sell your junk car in Idaho.
- Surrender of title for junked vehicles: This law implies, If you dismantle, part out, and scrap your vehicle in Idaho yourself, you must surrender the title to the Treasurer’s office so that it is destroyed along with the vehicle. If you sell your car to a junk car buyer like Junk Car Medics, the certificate is surrendered by the junk or scrap yard that actually dismantles and recycles the car.
- Nonconforming and unlicensed junk yards: This law implies, unlike most other states, nonconforming and unlicensed junk yards are allowed in some cases. Opt to dismantle and part out your vehicle yourself, then sell the destroyed body for scrap metal. Potentially get a lot more cash for your junk car when you do this, but it takes a lot of time and effort. Junk Car Medics gets you a great price on your junk car in Idaho for cash now, taking your vehicle to a nearby junk yard or scrap yard to take care of that work for you.
The most important law to know about recycling cars in Idaho is that you must have ownership to sell your junk car to a junk car buyer like Junk Car Medics. You don’t necessarily have to have the title in your hand, but you must have already had a title with your name on it. Title jumping is illegal in all 50 states, but Idaho takes a firmer stance than most.
What are the myths about selling a junk car for cash in Idaho?
Listed below are the three main myths about selling a junk car for cash in Idaho.
- You need a title to junk a car in Idaho: You do not need a title to junk a car in Idaho. If you have lost the title, or it has been damaged or destroyed, you are able to sell the junk car in Idaho. In fact, most cars that are truly junk do not need a title in hand to junk it. With all cars 2010 and older not needing a physical title to sell to a junk car buyer in Idaho, many cars fall within this category. It makes it much easier for Idaho to keep junk cars out of yards and off of neighborhood streets.
- You must be a licensed junk yard to buy a junk car for cash in Idaho: Idaho allows anyone to purchase a junk car for cash for the purpose of dismantling or destroying it, not just junk yards. However, fly-by-night junk car buyers may not be operating with the environment in mind. Junk yards have the means to properly dispose of hazardous vehicle waste. Listed below are the seven main wastes.
- Transmission fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Brake fluid
- Mercury switches
Those other junk car buyers in Idaho may give you cash, and give you lower prices. Junk Car Medics gets you the best price possible in Idaho and ensures that the vehicle goes to a junk yard experienced in protecting the environment.
- Sell an abandoned junk car for cash in Idaho: No, you cannot sell any vehicle in Idaho if you are not the owner. If someone abandons a vehicle on your property, you have the right to pursue civil measures, including being awarded the authority to junk the vehicle. If you don’t want to wait, contact the authorities and have the abandoned junk car removed in Idaho.
When should you junk your car?
A car should be junked in Idaho when it no longer runs or is too expensive to fix compared to its value. Junk cars are not to be left sitting around on the property. Fines are imposed in Idaho as well as penalties from the local government. For example, Donnely in Idaho states that it is a misdemeanor to possess a junk vehicle except in certain circumstances and when housed in a garage.
What are the most valuable parts on a junk car?
Listed below are the three most valuable parts on a junk car.
- Engine - The vehicle’s engine is the most valuable part on a junk car in Idaho. If your engine works, it is going to be in high demand for people who can’t afford a new one for their own junk car that they need to fix cheaply. Even if your engine is no good, the aluminum in the engine is valuable to scrappers in and of itself in Idaho.
- Transmission - The transmission is the next most valuable part on a junk car in Idaho. The transmission system is 85% aluminum and has value in scrap metal if it doesn’t work.
- Catalytic Converter - Catalytic converters are in high demand in Idaho because they contain very small amounts of platinum, palladium, and rhodium. They are a popular target for thieves.
The engine, transmission, and catalytic converter make up the most valuable parts on a junk car.
How to Sell Your Junk Car in Idaho?
Listed below are the five main steps on how to sell your junk car in Idaho.
1. Find a junk car buyer in Idaho in your area or online.
2. Get free quotes to determine the value of your junk car in Idaho.
3. Accept one offer and schedule free removal of junk cars in Idaho.
4. Complete the paperwork, including an application for duplicate title and appropriate transfer of ownership documents if you do not have the physical title in Idaho.
5. Get paid cash for junking your car in Idaho.
Read more on how to sell a junk car for cash.
How do you improve the value of your junk car in Idaho?
To improve the value of your junk car in Idaho do these three things. First, make sure you have the vehicle title. Idaho does not require a vehicle title to junk all cars. You may be able to junk your car without the title. However, the value of your junk car greatly decreases if you do not have the vehicle title.
Second, shop around and get multiple offers from junk car buyers in Idaho. Different junk car buyers may offer different values in Idaho. Lastly, sell when scrap metal prices are high in Idaho. Scrap metal prices are the biggest factor in the value of your junk car in Idaho. Therefore, junking your car when scrap car prices are high in Idaho gets you the best value for your junk car.
How to apply for a Replacement Title in Idaho?
Listed below are the three main steps on how to apply for a replacement title in Idaho.
- Get the required Application for Certificate of Title from your local DMV or their website.
- Complete the application form fully and accurately and sign the appropriate places as marked. Make sure you mark that you are requesting a duplicate title.
- Submit your completed Application for certificate of Title to your DMV in person or by mail. Receive your paper title in the mail, but the digital title immediately be created in their database.
If you need to sell a junk car right away and don’t have time to wait to have a physical title in your hand, you do not have to go to the DMV at all. Print and complete the Application for Certificate of Title and transfer of ownership documents to give to the junk car buyer in Idaho in place of the title itself. However, you will get less cash for your junk car in Idaho if you don’t have the title, because it is more paperwork for the junk car buyer.
How to know the value of your Junk Car in Idaho?
Listed below are ways to know the value of a junk car in Idaho.
|Idaho||Minimum Junk Car Price||Maximum Junk Car Price|
|2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer||$35.00||$460.00|
|2006 Honda Odyssey||$350.00||$620.00|
|2002 Nissan Sentra||$295.00||$370.00|
|2005 Honda Civic||$340.00||$565.00|
|2005 Acura Mdx||$380.00||$425.00|
|1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500||$365.00||$365.00|
|2007 Toyota Highlander||$2,635.00||$2,635.00|
|2007 Chevrolet Impala||$415.00||$415.00|
|1994 Ford Explorer||$240.00||$240.00|
|2003 Dodge Neon||$240.00||$240.00|
Does Idaho pay more for junk cars than other states?
No, Idaho does not pay more for junk cars than other states. The average amount that junk buyers pay for junk cars in Idaho is $457.29. Prices varies depending on year, make, and model. Comparatively, the national average for junk cars is $622.93. This means that junk cars in Idaho are worth $165.64 less than in other states. States that pay more for junk cars than Idaho include Alabama, Indiana, and Wyoming.
The states that pay more for junk cars than Idaho are:
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in Alabama for Cash
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in Indiana for Cash
Junk Car Salvaging and Removal in Wyoming for Cash
How many Junk Cars are wrecked a year in Idaho?
69,196 junk cars are recycled a year in Idaho.
Recycle Nation estimates over 12 million cars are recycled in the United States every year. There are 329.5 million people living in the United States and 1,900,000 of those people live in Idaho according to the most recent census data. That makes up .58% of the United States population. Therefore, it is estimated that of the 12 million cars that are recycled annually in the United States, 69,196 occur in Idaho.
Does Junk Car Medics buy junk cars in Idaho?
Yes, Junk Car Medics buys junk cars in Idaho. We are a reputable junk car buyer in Idaho with one location in Boise. Listed below are the five main surrounding areas Junk Car Medics salvage cars in Idaho.
- Garden City junk car removal and recycle for cash
- Middleton junk car salvaging and recycle for cash
- Fruitland junk car wrecking and removal for cash
- Emmett junk car recycling for cash
- Caldwell cash for junk cars
We may be able to remove a junk car from your property in other Idaho locations. Visit our website and enter your vehicle and location information to be matched with the right junk car buyer near you. Junk Car Medics may still be able to pick up your junk car in Idaho if you are not in our service area. Often you get a lower price when tow fees are higher, such as in these cases.
What are the Best Junk Yards in Idaho?
Here are the 3 best junk yards in Idaho according to Google, Yelp, and other online reviews.
- Garwood Wrecking: Located in Garwood, Idaho, this junk yard is touted as the best around. They are well known for their customer service, fair prices on used car parts and car components, and pays fair offers for junk cars for cash in Idaho. As a trusted family-owned business, Garwood Wrecking enjoys 4.7 stars on Google and an A+ ranking on the Better Business Bureau.
- Pegasus Auto Recycling: This Hayden, Idaho junk yard has a 4.9 rating on Google, and the reviews show that they have excellent prices and customer service for used car parts, used cars for daily driving, and junk car removal. They have fair prices for parts and junk car buys for cash. They have an A rating on the BBB site, but they are not BBB accredited.
- All Makes Auto Salvage: This junk yard is located in Boise nearby to our Junk Car Medics location. They have a 4.8 rating on Google, with not a single bad review. They are BBB accredited and have an A+ BBB rating. They are a highly trusted and well established local business benefiting the local economy.
What to know about Junk Car Industry in Idaho?
There were a total of 1,278,000 registered vehicles in Idaho according to the 2020 Vehicle Crash Report from the Department of Transportation. Of course, many junk cars are not registered. Junk Car Medics has junk car buyer locations in Idaho including Boise, Meridian, Nampa, Idaho Falls, and Caldwell.
The laws for junking cars in Idaho are not very strict compared to other states for Junk Cars in the USA. There are many situations in which you are able to junk a car without a title in hand, as long as the vehicle was previously titled in the seller’s name. The rules for who may run a junk yard, where a junk yard is going to be located, and licensing of junk yards is much more lax than other states. However, if you do break the law regarding vehicle recycling in Idaho, you could face stiff penalties.
How to Choose a Junk Car Buyer in Idaho?
Listed below are the six main steps on how to choose a junk car buyer in Idaho.
- Search “junk car buyers near me”: Contacting a junk car buyer close to where the vehicle is located ensures you get the most cash for your junk car in Idaho, and decrease the likelihood of paying towing fees.
- Look for reputable junk car buyers: Since there are not strict rules or regulations for junk yards and junk car buyers in Idaho, it is important to look for reputable junk car buyers in Idaho. Junk Car Medics is a well-known and trusted junk car buyer in Idaho. Don’t do business with fly-by-night operations.
- Check reviews and ratings: It is best to sell your junk car to a licensed junk car buyer, but in truth anyone is able to buy your junk car for cash in Idaho. Licensed or not, check reviews and ratings on sites you trust, and talk to friends and family that have had a junk car removed in Idaho. Getting the skinny on the junk car buyer before selecting one is important for getting a fair price.
- Compare how long it takes to get junk car removal in Idaho: Some junk car buyers take several days to come pick up your vehicle, and they may give large pick-up windows that aren’t kept. Junk Car Medics picks up most junk cars in Idaho within 24 to 72 hours of you accepting our offer.
- Get details about junk car removal in Idaho: Make sure that you won’t be charged for towing away your junk car in Idaho. If you are not close to any junk yards or junk car buyers, be prepared to be offered less cash for your junk car in Idaho to make up for the additional towing cost.
- Choose the environmentally sound option: Anyone are able to buy a junk car in Idaho, but not everyone has the means to dispose of vehicles and all of their hazardous fluids and materials properly. Make sure you’re not contributing to pollution by working with a licensed junk yard. Junk Car Medics works with the most environmentally sound junk yards in Idaho.
That is the best way to choose junk car buyers.
Is Junk Car Industry Big in Idaho?
The junk car industry is very big in Idaho. As of 2020, Idaho was #4 on a list of the states having the most used car dealerships per capita. In other words, most of Idaho is driving used cars due to the economic inability to afford newer vehicles. Because so many old used cars are on the road, there are many cars breaking down on the streets every day. All of those vehicles that reach the end of their life must be recycled and disposed of, making the junk car industry in Idaho extremely important.
What are the necessities to open a Junk Car Facility in Idaho?
There are not very many requirements to open a junk car facility in Idaho. Aside from regular business licensing requirements, all one must do is submit an application or license from the state of Idaho and show that they have a screened location that has been appropriately zoned and approved as a location for a junk yard by the local government.
How does Idaho define a Junk Vehicle?
Idaho does not actually use the term “junk vehicle” very much in their state code of law, but they do refer to such vehicles in other ways. A junk vehicle in Idaho is a vehicle that has reached the end of its life, is older than a 2010 model, and/or is missing its odometer.
Are Motorcycles, Bicycles and Other Vehicles included for Junk Vehicle Removal in Idaho?
In Idaho, the removal of junk cars does not include motorcycles, bicycles, and other types of vehicles. Junk car removal companies in Idaho only buy cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
Is it better to donate your junk car instead of selling in Idaho?
It is better to sell your junk cars instead of donating it in Idaho. If a junk car is donated in Idaho there are likely to be fees that come out of the vehicle’s value. Donating a junk car in Idaho may not get you a tax write-off if you do not itemize your income taxes. If the preference is still to donate a junk car it should be sold, and the profits then donated to the charity of choice in Idaho. This helps get the highest donation value for your junk car in Idaho.
How to Shield a Junk Vehicle from Public View in Idaho?
Many local and county governments have laws about junk cars in open areas, yards, and on streets in Idaho. If you need to apply for a certificate of title before selling the junk car for cash in Idaho, you will need to shield it from public view.
Listed below are the three main ways to shield a junk vehicle from public view in Idaho.
- Consider putting it in the garage in Idaho. Your daily driver might have to be in the driveway or on the street, but it’s only temporary.
- If you aren’t comfortable leaving your driving vehicle outside the garage, put the junk vehicle in the driveway with a well-fitted tarp made for that type and size of vehicle. Make sure it is tied down well and hides any sign that the vehicle underneath is a junk car.
- If the junk car in Idaho doesn’t have wheels or is otherwise difficult to shield in plain sight, consider building a temporary privacy fence that erects around the junk vehicle hiding it completely from view.
What is the penalty of Junk Vehicle Law in Idaho?
The penalty for breaking any law regarding junk vehicles in Idaho is a felony criminal charge. Listed below are the three main felony charges in Idaho.
- State prison term for no more than 5 years OR
- Felony probation for 5 years OR
- Fines totaling up to $50,000
The amount of the fine, any jail term, and any probation is determined by the judge that hears the case and is based on the details of the crime. Less severe violations of vehicle recycling laws in Idaho, such as failing to surrender the title of a junked vehicle, may come with much lower penalties, especially when perpetrated by individuals rather than licensed junk yards or junk car buyers.
Information about State of Idaho and Junk Vehicles
Idaho is in the Pacific Northwest and is surrounded by Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, and Utah. Idaho even shares a small boundary with British Columbia, Canada. The capital of Idaho is Boise, and 1,827,000 people call Idaho home. Its governor is Brad Little.
There are 44 counties in Idaho. Listed below are the the 3 biggest counties in Idaho.
- Idaho County, population 16,511 has Grangeville as its county seat. It is the largest county by land, but not population.
- Ada County is the most populous county in Idaho with over 500,000 Idaho souls calling it home. Boise is the county seat.
- Canyon County, county seat of Caldwell, is the next most populated county at over 243,000 people.
It is easy to see why Idaho has so many used car dealerships when you look at the most common occupations. The three most common occupations in Idaho are.
- Office and administrative positions – About 19,000 people are employed in these positions.
- Sales – About 28,000 people are employed in retail sales, outside sales, door-to-door sales, and other types of sales representative positions.
- Food service – 56,000 people are employed in food service in Idaho
<economic growth and mass>
The biggest manufactured export from Idaho is semiconductor and other electronic components. Here are the top three manufactured exports from Idaho.
- Electronic tech goods like memory chips made up 52% of Idaho’s total exports in 2019.
- Food and agriculture products, including machinery for agricultural and construction use, accounted for over 15% of total exports in Idaho in 2019.
- Transportation equipment, including that used in agriculture and construction, were the third biggest export at 11%.
Junk Car Medics is proud to serve Boise, Idaho and beyond including but not limited to Meridian, Nampa, Idaho Falls, and Caldwell. Listed below are the three mainT communities in Idaho.
- Eagle. A somewhat chic suburb of Boise, this neighborhood offers the best schools in the state of Idaho and a short commute to work in the city center. It offers lots of green spaces, golf courses, spas, and other amenities that make relaxing at home a pleasure.
- Moscow. This Boise suburb is most often considered one of the best places to live in Idaho thanks to its appeal to millennials as both a college town and a great place to start building your adult life. Housing prices are a bit higher than Boise, but you enjoy a lot of concerts, festivals, and more.
- Sun Valley. This is a smaller town, but it is ranked the 3rd best place to live in Idaho. Sun Valley has amazing schools and a close-knit community that likes to be active. Overall Sun Valley is a great place to retire or move when you are no longer saddled with family and career.
There are an estimated 1,278,000 vehicles registered in Idaho as of 2020, but this does not encompass the total number of vehicles in Idaho. The Idaho junk car industry plays a part of the total economic mass of the state.
How does the Covid-19 affect the Junk Car Salvage and Removal in Idaho?
Covid-19 did not affect junk car salvage and removal in Idaho in any significant way. Since the governor of Idaho would not enforce mask mandates and the state of public emergency was withdrawn in March 2022. While you are still encouraged to wear masks in public places, it is not required. Most junk yards in Idaho do not require a mask, but social distancing is still encouraged. Overall, you should not have any trouble selling your junk car for cash in Idaho since the pandemic.
What is the importance of Junk Car Salvaging and Removal?
Junk car salvaging and removal in Idaho is extremely important. Every vehicle at some point reach the end of its life at some point in time. Junk car buyers and removal services in Idaho properly dispose of vehicles in an environmentally friendly way. Car parts are recycled when possible in Idaho. The fluids and chemicals are properly drained so they do not leak into the earth in Idaho. The remaining scrap metal is then crushed and recycled at a metal recycling facility in or near Idaho.
Why choose Junk Car Medics for your Junk Car Salvage and Removal?
Junk Car Medics is the best option for your junk car salvage and removal in Idaho because we offer professional, fast service with a smile. Our junk car buyers in Idaho are ready and waiting to help you on our website. Whether your junk car runs or not, we can take it off your hands with or without a title. Junk Car Medics helps you with every step of the process, including letting you know what paperwork is required.
It is very easy to enter your contact, vehicle, and location information to be instantly offered the best price available in Idaho for a junk car for cash when you go to our website. Then, once you accept our offer, we work with tow companies and junk yards in your area so that the economic benefit stays in Idaho.
Does Idaho still have cash for clunkers?
No, Idaho does not have a cash for clunkers program. The original Cash for Clunkers was a federally funded program. The funds of that program have long been disbursed, and it is no longer an active program. The state of Idaho does not have any program in place for the disposal of junk cars. It is up to junk car owners to dispose of vehicle properly.