"Junk Car Removal" is a method for disassembling outdated, unnecessary, unused, or junk vehicles. Junk vehicles are those cars that are damaged beyond repair, or are not worth fixing but still have car parts and scrap metal that can be reused, recycled, or resold. Junk vehicles can be those whose cost of repair is higher than the actual value of the vehicle, and they are dangerous to drive. Junk car removal can be the removing or transferring of the vehicle from a particular place. In Kansas City, junk car removal is one of the services that a junk car removal company can offer. It is the removal of junk cars from private property. It can be the act of buying and selling junk cars. These buyers will ask for details about the car, and the value varies according to the year, make, model, condition, and other factors that determine the value of a junk car. Once the offer is accepted, they will schedule the pickup. During the pickup, the seller will hand over the keys and title, and then the buyer will give the seller the payment. There are many ways to sell a junk car. In Kansas City, junk car selling can be done by trading a junk car to another driver or private buyer, selling for cash to car services or auto salvage yards.
The auto recycling industry in Kansas City is prominent and has an impact on the environment and economy. Recycling is important in the economy of Kansas City and contributes to generating job opportunities, tax revenues, business expansion, and overall economic development. It also provides a vital contribution to the environment. Recycling is one way to protect the environment by making used and junked car parts useful again instead of disposing of them in landfills, waterways, and streams. Recycling reduces resource extraction and processing as well as pollution. It also conserves energy, landfill space, and natural resources. However, in Kansas City, it is prohibited to establish, manage, and maintain a junkyard within 1,000 feet of the nearest edge of the right-of-way of any street or highway on the interstate or the primary systems.
What is the Kansas City Car Wrecking and Disposal Program?
Listed below are the Car Wrecking and Disposal Program in Kansas City.
- Business Hazardous Waste: Any dangerous waste not generated by a resident of Kansas City is labeled as business hazardous waste. It can be from businesses, industry, rental property owners, nonprofits, governments, schools, and churches. It is unlawful for these organizations to take their waste to a residential collection facility or collection event. Automotive parts, metals, motor oil, and batteries are classified as hazardous waste.
- Buyback Program: The vehicles included in the buyback program are offered below their retail value because the manufacturer has repurchased them from the original owners, full-inspected them, and made every necessary repair.
- Waste Tire Drop-off Program: The City of Kansas offers the Waste Tire Drop-off Program to partner with neighborhood groups for a free tire collection event. Neighborhood organizations can collect and deliver waste tires to the city’s Environmental Campus.
Junk car facilities in Kansas City are numerous because of the factors that increase the junk vehicle count, including the accidents that often happen in the city. In 2021, there will be approximately 40,000 vehicles involved in accidents in Kansas City. In the event of an accident, the vehicle loses the majority of its value. However, these broken and wrecked vehicles are often sold, either to private buyers or to junk car removal companies. Junk car disposal is significant for those owners that don’t want to be stressed about what they will do to an old or damaged vehicle. Disposing of a vehicle gives more space and helps the environment and economy. Car wrecking and disposal in Kansas City means discarding junk cars that are not worthy of being fixed and dangerous to drive but still have useful parts or scrap metal that can be reused, recycled, and resold to someone who needs replacement. These junk vehicles are either old, damaged, non-running, or running but not safe to drive. Junk vehicles can be put on sale and wait for a junk car recycling company or dealer to willingly purchase them. They pay cash for the junk car and provide a free towing service to pick up the junk car directly from the owner’s place to the junkyard. The value of the vehicle varies on the year, make, model, condition, and weight of scrap metal.
What to know about Junk Car Industry in Kansas City?
According to data from Statista, there are around 976,261 private and commercial vehicles registered in Kansas City. In Missouri, there are 5.5 million registered vehicles. In addition, car accidents are one of the reasons junk vehicles are noticeable in Kansas City. There are approximately 40,000 vehicles that were involved in an accident in Kansas City. In the event of an accident, the vehicle loses the majority of its value. However, these broken and wrecked vehicles are often sold, either to private buyers or to junk car removal companies. Aside from accidents, junk vehicles come from unused and unwanted vehicles that are either old or damaged to be fixed and driven. Some vehicles that end up in junkyards are the ones that don't have registration or a certificate of title. In that case, a good number of junk car recycling companies are spread all over the city of Kansas. In addition, the chosen buyers of Junk Cars in Missouri must be authorized and experts in handling junk vehicles and transferring titles.
Information about Kansas City and Junk Vehicles
Kansas City, often abbreviated as KC or KCMO, is the largest city in Missouri in terms of population and area. According to the U.S. Census, Kansas City had 508,394 people in July 2021. On the other hand, the most common jobs in Kansas City are cashier, customer service representative, sales associate, nursing assistant, and internship. In addition, manufacturing, professional and technical services, healthcare, and transportation are the major drivers of the economy of Kansas City. The Kansas City metro is the 3rd largest beef processing city in the United States and has the second-largest rail network. Kansas City has numerous factories, manufacturing plants, and an international trade zone. The measured total GDP for Kansas City is $142,503.483 in 2020. However, Kansas City ranked 35th for exports with $7.4 billion worth of merchandise in 2010, and in 2021, it exported $120 million making it the 175th exporter in the United States. On the other hand, Kansas City has 240 neighborhoods. Overland Park, Brookside, Leawood, River Market, Crossroads Arts District, Westport, and Country Club Plaza are some best neighborhoods in Kansas City. Similar to the existing Kansas Junk Car Removal in Kansas City, these neighboring cities also have numerous junk car removal companies. Moreover, the current Mayor of Kansas City is Quinton Lucas, the Governor of Missouri is Michael L. Parson, and Joe Biden, the current President of the United States of America. Furthermore, there are around 976,261 private and commercial vehicles registered in Kansas City. In Missouri, there are 5.5 million registered automobiles. In addition, car accidents are one of the factors why junk vehicles are prominent in Kansas City. There are approximately 40,000 vehicles were involved in car accidents. In the event of an accident, the vehicle loses most of its value. However, these crushed and damaged vehicles are often put on sale, either to private buyers or junk car removal companies. Aside from accidents, junk vehicles come from non-functioning and unwanted vehicles that are either old or damaged to be fixed and driven. As a result, recycling conserves natural resources and generates job opportunities that help the economy to strengthen.
What are the Laws for Kansas City Car Recycling Laws?
Listed below are the Laws for Kansas City car Recycling Laws.
- Salvage yard permit required. In Kansas City, a permit must be obtained by the individual who desired to manage a salvage yard, which shall be annually renewed. A separate salvage yard permit is needed for each location where the business is transacted. A new or renewal salvage yard permit where the applicant increases its business will not be issued for a business located in a floodplain unless the place is part of an existing city-certified salvage yard.
- Regulation on catalytic converters. A junkyard owner is prohibited to buy, receive, or keep any catalytic converters in Kansas City that are removed from a vehicle at the time of purchase unless there is a receipt for the removal, or the car’s title or receipt showing the sale of the vehicle from which the catalytic converter was removed.
- Operation of the salvage yard. Every salvage yard in Kansas City must be with fencing along all streets or public right-of-way and any area within 100 feet of land under residential zoning or within 100 feet of any building occupied.
The most important law among the three laws mentioned above is the provision regarding catalytic converters. Catalytic converters are the apple of the eye of some thefts because it contains many valuable metals such as platinum, palladium, and rhodium. In Kansas City, there was a 400% increase in cases of stolen catalytic converters. With the help of the said law, it will lessen the number of stolen catalytic converters.
How does Junk Car Medics appraise Junk Cars?
Junk car medics launch a web application, and they use it to appraise junk cars in Kansas City. With the help of technology, it makes it easy and quick to evaluate and make an instant quote for the junk car. Some might be wondering How to Appraise Junk Car. Junk car medics utilize a scrap car value calculator to correctly and easily evaluate the value of the vehicle. Sellers can get a quote after a few minutes of sending a form online with details about the junk car. The elements that junk car medics use to calculate the worth of a scrap car are the year, make, and model of the vehicle; the value of the car parts; the mass of the vehicle; and the value of scrap metal.
How to Sell Your Junk Car in Kansas City?
Listed below are the steps for selling junk in Kansas City.
- The buyer must be authorized: The junk car buyer must be allowed and authorized to acquire the vehicle. They must be skilled and able to handle all the paperwork, including the transfer of title, and be able to pay the honest amount for the junk car to successfully Sell Your Junk Car for Cash in Kansas City.
- Evaluation of the junk car: Though the junk car is aged or crushed, its car parts and scrap metal have value. A good amount of money is expected when putting a junk car on sale. The buyer in Kansas City will evaluate the vehicle and make an offer based on the valuable parts of the junk car.
- Towing schedule: If the seller accepts the offer from the junk car buyer, they will schedule the pickup of the vehicle from the owner’s place. Some junk car buyers in Kansas City have towing services, and it is normally for free.
- Accomplish the documents needed: Before selling the junk car to a buyer in Kansas City, make sure that all the needed requirements and documents are complete, such as the certificate of title, registration, and keys. Don’t forget to sign over the title and give it to the buyer.
- Payment for the junk car: The buyer will give the payment. Most of the junk car buyers in Kansas City issue checks as payment. Make sure that the amount written is correct, and that it is properly dated and signed.
Those are the steps to sell junk cars in Kansas City.
How many Junk Cars are wrecked a year in Kansas City?
According to the data from Statista, there are around 976,261 private and commercial vehicles registered in Kansas City. In Missouri, there are 5.5 million registered vehicles. In addition, car accidents are one of the reasons junk vehicles are prominent in Kansas City. There are approximately 40,000 vehicles that were involved in an accident in Kansas City. In the event of an accident, the vehicle loses the majority of its value. However, these damaged and crushed vehicles are often sold, either to private buyers or to junk car removal companies. Aside from accidents, junk vehicles come from unused and unwanted vehicles that are either old or damaged to be fixed and driven. Some vehicles that end up in junkyards are the ones that don't have registration or a certificate of title.
What is the Best Junkyards in Kansas City?
Listed below is the top selection list of the best junkyards in Kansas City.
- Ace Auto Salvage LLC (Best overall): They specialize in purchasing unwanted junk cars for cash, even without a title if the vehicle is 10 years or older. They also offer free car removal, and they pay cash on the same day. Ace Auto Salvage LLC has been rated 4.7 stars out of 5-stars in google reviews, which makes them the Best Junk Yards in Kansas City. All they need are the keys and a fully charged battery, catalytic converter must be factory. The seller needs to send the information to the buyer such as the year, make, model, location, title status, and one picture of the vehicle.
- All-n-1 U Pull Recycling: It is Kansas City’s largest U-Pull yard. It is a self-service auto recycling facility. The admission fee is only $2 per head. In this junkyard, they offer hundreds of the latest models of vehicles that customers can choose from, and they also have competitive pricing in Kansas City. In Google reviews, they received 4.5 stars out of 5-stars. They provide wheel barrels, carts, and dollies for clients to use.
- All-Star Auto Parts: They are family-owned salvage yards or automotive recyclers that have been founded since 1973. They have a facility with over 20 acres of foreign and domestic vehicles to meet all the needs of their customers. All-Star Auto Parts also purchases vehicles, whether they are running or not. They offer a free quote and pic up, without hidden charges. They also work with a local charity to provide services to those in need and those dealing with the consequences of drug addiction. They accept the vehicle as a donation.
Does Junk Car Medics Salvage Cars in Kansas City?
Yes, junk car medics salvage cars in Kansas City. They are one of the trusted junk car buyers in Kansas City. They have free towing service, and they have a phone line that is always available. Junk Car Medics purchase any vehicle with any condition, even without titles. Junking a car in Kansas City is made easy and quick because of their online application, where customers can get an instant quote for their junk car. The offer for old, damaged, and used cars can range from $300 to $500. Over the last 12 months, junk car prices in Kansas City, Missouri decreased 5% on average for vehicle year models from 1998-2008. Junk Car Medics also have a store located in other cities in Missouri such as Columbia, Independence, Springfield, Lee’s Summit, St. Charles, and St. Louis.
Does Junk Car Medics Requires Car Titles in Kansas City?
Yes, a car title in Kansas City is required by Junk Car Medics, They also take junk vehicles that lack a title, but the proposal price is lower compared to a vehicle that has a title. Each state and city has its own laws regarding the sale of junk vehicles. Another state requires a title to sell a junk car, and others allow it. In Kansas City, Missouri, a junk vehicle operator is allowed to purchase a vehicle if it is 10 years old or more, without acquiring a certificate of title, salvage title, or junk certificate from the seller, by completing a Bill of Sale for Scrap Metal Operators form. Other Junk Car Medics Requirements for JunkCar are the keys to the vehicle and the license of the owner for verification. If the keys are lost, proper documents are enough to prove ownership since most junk cars have reached the end of their life and won't be driven again.
Does Junk Car Medics Checks the Registration of Junk Cars?
Yes, registration is essential if selling a junk car to Junk Car Medics in Kansas City. If the vehicle is unregistered, it may require a little work and time from Junk Car Medics and the seller. Some states and cities have laws regarding the vehicle’s registry. They require that any vehicle be legally recorded and listed. The certificate of title is enough to show the ownership in case the registration is lost. The replacement title is required if both the certificate and registration are missing. The replacement title can be obtained from the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles. In some cases, an insurance card and a license are needed.
Is it required to notify Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) when selling junk cars?
Yes, it is necessary to tell the Kansas City Department of Motor Vehicles if you decide to sell the junk vehicle. The keeper must visit the Department of Motor Vehicles to register the vehicle as “junk” before disposing of it. If the keeper tears down the vehicle before going to the DMV, the keeper will be subject to an investigative service penalty.
How do I Get a Junk Title in Missouri?
In appealing for a junk title in Missouri, the policyholder of the vehicle must complete the Notice of Vehicle Titling Requirements form. The keeper must fulfill the application for the Missouri Title and License form, the automobile's authentic certificate of title, and the notarized lien release. After presenting the documents needed, settle the junk title fee of $8.50, $5 for quick titles, and $6 for the processing fee.
How to Choose a Junk Car Buyer in Kansas City?
Listed below are ways of choosing a junk car buyer in Kansas City.
- Automobile’s state and shape: Before you junk a vehicle in Kansas City, truthfully evaluate and recognize the car’s condition. If the vehicle’s cost of repair is more than its actual value, it is better off being put in junk and earning a profit from it.
- Vehicle’s usefulness: Analyze the vehicle and evaluate its value. It is necessary to avoid getting ripped off. Instead, get the best offer for the junk car. If there’s a value in mind, the buyer will not take advantage. It is easy to negotiate if the seller is aware of how much the junk car is worth.
- Accessible buyer: The presence of a junk car buyer is necessary and must be considered. Towing costs are quite expensive, but some offer towing services for free if the location is nearby. Nearby buyers in Kansas City are ideal because it is convenient for a fast and easy transaction.
- Know the system: The seller must know all the needed requirements and legal documents. Ask the buyer how many days to finish the transaction and when and how they will give the payment. The seller must be aware of the date and time of pickup and the timeline for the payment. Avoid all the factors that can delay the process and the payment, such as hiring middlemen or brokers.
- Check out the vehicle: The price at which the junk car buyer is purchasing the car is something to consider. The rate will depend on the condition of the car. It is ideal to compare the rates of different Junk Car Buyers and pick the one that is willing to purchase the junk car at the highest rate.
- Previous client’s rating: A website with complete details and with reviews can be a source of information to know what services are and how well they can offer them. A website is a trusted platform to learn about the legitimacy and legality of a buyer. A quality website is one where they have complete information such as their records or proof of their previous transactions, their towing services, and contact details. Some junk car companies have a website or online application where clients can schedule a consultation and can ask for a sample quotation.
- Credibility: Look for a buyer that has the potential, experience, and money to carry out the transaction successfully. Some junk car buyers use checks to issue payments, making sure that the buyer has good ratings and is trusted by many to avoid being scammed.
- Purchaser’s purpose: Know the purpose of the buyer of the car and what will happen after the transaction. Some buyers will restore and reuse the engines, metals, transmissions, and other useful parts to sell them to someone else that needs replacement parts.
- Towing Service of the Buyer: It is an advantage if the buyer has towing service to transport the junk vehicle from the location of the owner to the buyer and if it is without charges. Make sure to know all the details and ask for the schedule of pick-up.
- The professionalism of the purchaser: It is an advantage if the purchaser is nice and well-mannered. Polite buyers make the transaction easy and smooth. Make sure that buyers are paying full attention to addressing all the concerns.
What are the Best Junk Car Buyers in Kansas City?
Listed below are the top selections of the best junk car buyers in Kansas City.
- Junk Car Medics. Since 2016, Junk Car Medics has been the biggest junk car buyer in America. They pay cash for cars, junk cars, and damaged cars. They have a mobile application where the seller can get an instant offer in 1 to 2 minutes and have the car sold in just 1 to 2 days. They can offer anything from $300 to $5,000.
- Sell Cars for Cash (Best overall): They purchase junk cars in any condition and pay cash instantly. According to the reviews of the customers, Sell Cars for Cash fives fair price, picks up the vehicle on0-time, and has excellent customer service. They received a 4.8-star out of 5-star rating which is why they are the Best Junk Car Buyers in Kansas City.
- Junk Car Boys - Cash for Cars: They buy all kinds of unwanted or junk vehicles, and even damaged or wrecked vehicles. All makes, years, model, and types of cars are acceptable in Junk Car Boys. In Google ratings, they got 4.6 stars out of 5-star. Junk Car Boys are a licensed, bonded, and insured company.
Those 3 make up the best junk car buyers in Kansas City.
Is the Junk Car Industry Big in Kansas City?
Yes, the junk car industry in Kansas City is big. As a result, there are numerous junk car removal companies and junk car buyers spread all over the city of Kansas City, as a result of many vehicles reaching their end-of-life. A junk car is a vehicle that has been involved in an accident, is old, damaged, unsafe to drive, or doesn’t have a title or registration. In 2021, there will be approximately 40,000 vehicles involved in accidents in Kansas City. In the event of an accident, the vehicle loses the majority of its value. In addition, Missouri generates about 6 million scrap tires each year, or about one tire per person per year.
What are the Necessities to open a Junk Car Facility in Kansas City?
Managing a business is a serious thing, and it is necessary to complete all the necessary things to do before operating in Kansas City. The business insurance, permit, business name, target market, start-up, ongoing costs, pickup trailer, and safety equipment must be established before starting the business. The business permit can be acquired from the local city hall in the area. Process all the documents and the paperwork needed, such as the business name and the zoning approval. It is beneficial to apply for business insurance to prevent covering all the costs in case the business gets sued. The target market, the startup, ongoing costs, and how much the charge will cost must be established. Safety equipment and trailers or trucks are some of the most important things before operating a business. The owner must have state and federal taxes, business bank accounts, and credit cards before operating the business. Apply for a business account to track down the cost and the sources of income. General liability, commercial auto, and workers' compensation are the three important policies to apply.
How does Kansas City define a Junk Vehicle?
In Kansas City Statues, the word “junk” means old or scrap. It can be copper, grass, rope, rags, trash, paper, debris, waste, or junked, destroyed, or crushed automobiles. In Missouri, a junk vehicle is incapable of operation on the road or highways and has no resale value except as a source of car parts or scrap metal, and shall not be titled or registered. A Missouri Junking Certificate will be given. A junk vehicle is considered junk if inoperative, regardless of its age, as long as it is dangerous to be taken on the road or the cost of repair is more than its actual value. The average mileage of a car is between 12,000 and 15,000. Most of the cars last between 200,000 and 300,000.
Learn more about the definition of a junk car.
Are Motorcycles, Bicycles and Other Vehicles included for Junk Vehicle Removal in Kansas City?
Some junkyards in Kansas City don’t accept motorcycles and bicycles, but some junk buyers are willing to accept any automobiles, such as motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, and other old and unwanted vehicles. They are willing to pay cash for them. There are designated motorcycles and bicycle junkyards spread over Kansas City. Furthermore, every motor vehicle in Kansas City is defined as an automatic vehicle, and every automobile is propelled by electric power obtained from overhead trolley wires but not operated upon rails, except vehicles moved solely by human power, like bicycles.
How to Shield a Junk Vehicle from Public View in Kansas City?
Listed below are the ways to shield a junk vehicle from public view in Kansas City.
- Change the location of the vehicle. The vehicle must be moved to a location that is away from public view. It can be in a garage, behind a fence, hill, or building.
- Provide proper shielding. Make a shield using fencing materials such as wood, metal, or steel. Certain construction is required for proper shielding.
- Restore the car. The other way to shield the junk car is by repairing it to be useful or licensing it annually, but it doesn’t remove the fact that the vehicle is junk.
- Put up for sale. If the junk car is not worth repairing and eats up some space, it is better to junk the car to the nearest junk car removal or junk buyer.
What is the Penalty of Junk Vehicle Law in Kansas City?
In Kansas City, it is unlawful to abandon an automobile or other personal property on the streets and highways of the city or on any public or private property without the consent of the owner. Any authorized officer who has reasonable grounds to consider the vehicle abandoned has the right to remove the vehicle at the expense of the owner. It can be moved to another place, a garage designated by the city. Any individual violating this article shall be punished by a fine of not less than $25.00.
Is it more Profitable to Junk Car than Selling it?
Yes, if the cost incurred in repairing the old, totaled, and wrecked vehicle is more than its actual value, it is more profitable to junk the car in Kansas City than sell it. It takes a lot of time and effort to fix and maintain a car if many parts need to be replaced or restored. If the car is too old, it may be difficult to sell to a manufacturer. The older car is harder to sell in the secondary market. The thing to keep in mind before junking or selling is the cost of repair compared to the value of the car. It is suggested to junk the vehicle if the repair cost is too high.
What is the difference between junking a car and selling it?
Salvage yards are the last place for end-of-life vehicles. In salvage yards, they will break down and detach all the functioning parts that can be treated, restored, and recycled. The value of the car that the salvage yard offers will depend on the weight of the scrap metal and working car parts. Junking a car in Kansas City is an easy way to get rid of a junk car, but the disadvantage is that some dishonest buyers take advantage of the seller. Make sure to be alert to how they calculate the weight of the junk car. While selling a car means selling it to another driver, private buyers such as hobbyists or car enthusiasts are excluded. Putting a “For Sale” sign in the car is the traditional way. The drawback is it may take some time to find a perfect offer and buyer for the car. The modern way of selling a car is by putting it on an online website or marketplace. It could be on Facebook, eBay, or Craigslist. The advantage is there are thousands of potential buyers online, but the disadvantage is there is a big chance to get scammed when selling privately.