Cash for Junk Cars in Memphis, TN: $100-$5,000+
Getting cash for cars and junk cars in Memphis is quick, easy, and painless with Junk Car Medics. Get connected to junk car buyers competing to pay the most cash for junk cars in Memphis. Get your best offer to sell your car for cash now.
We Buy Junk Cars in Memphis in Any Condition
Junk Car Medics buys junk cars for cash in Memphis of all vehicle types and conditions. Junk Car Medics works with the leading junk car buyers to get the most cash for junk cars in Memphis. Whether your car is running or not, make selling your car for cash in Memphis quick, easy, and painless.
Junk Car Medics buys junk cars in Memphis. Junk Car Medics has been buying junk cars for cash since 2016 and has thousands of positive online reviews. Junk Car Medics stands out by paying the most cash for junk cars in Memphis with a quick, easy, painless, and rewarding process.
Junk Car Medics buys junk cars in Memphis through a proprietary system that makes local junk car buyers compete for your vehicle. Junk Car Medics works with the top junk car buyers in Memphis including junkyards, salvage yards, scrap yards, auto dismantlers, and vehicle recyclers. To get cash for junk cars in Memphis complete a simple form or make a quick phone call for an easy offer, painless junk car removal, and rewarding on the spot.
Junk Car Medics also buys scrap car shells left over from parts cars used in the restoration or repair of another vehicle. This is important for the car restoration community in Memphis. We offer free junk car removal and pay cash for the junk cars we remove in Memphis.
The average junk car in Memphis:
- is 16 years old (2006)
- has 163,701 miles
- has a value of $446.45
Here are some more stats on junk cars in Memphis:
- 54% do not drive
- 37% do not start
- 60% have body damage
- 18.64% have no title
We buy junk cars in Memphis in any condition - including damaged cars, wrecked cars, totaled cars, old cars, scrap cars, junkers, clunkers, and non-running cars.
Sell Your Junk Car in Memphis Now
Junk car selling in Memphis is the best way to get rid of a junk car in any condition. To sell junk cars fill out the form or give us a call now.
To sell junk cars for cash in Memphis, Tennessee is the best way to get rid of unwanted cars for free. Selling junk cars for cash in Memphis is easiest with Junk Car Medics. Junk Car Medics makes it quick, easy, painless, and rewarding to sell junk cars for cash in Memphis.
Selling junk cars for cash in Memphis is easy because there are over 30 junk car buyers in local listings. It isn’t hard to find a junkyard, scrap yard, salvage yard, auto dismantler, auto recycler, or junk car dealer in Memphis. Junk Car Medics is the best way to sell junk cars in Memphis because our proprietary system makes all of these junk car buyers compete for your vehicle with one easy quote form a quick phone call. Junk Car Medics has a quick, easy, painless, and rewarding process for selling cars for cash in Memphis.
Junk Car Medics and other junk car buyers in Memphis pay cash for many different types of junk cars, including decrepit cars, old parts cars, scrap cars and scrap car shells, totaled cars, wrecked cars, and stripped cars. Junk Car Medics accepts junk cars in any condition in Memphis. Junk cars are also called junkers, clunkers, and jalopies. Vehicles that cost more to repair than they are worth or will never be drivable again are also junk cars in Memphis.
Junk car removal for cash is important to Memphis economy and environment. Memphis allows any resident to do major mechanical or body work, excluding painting, within their own garage. This means there are many car restoration hobbyists at work in their garages making use of parts cars. When those cars are no longer of any use, they need to be removed to keep Memphis neighborhoods clean. This also means that junk car recycling is a big industry in Memphis’ economy.
Junk Car Medics offers free junk car removal in Memphis and pays cash for cars on pick up. The junk car will be picked up by a local towing company in Memphis and you get cash on the spot for your junk car. Junk Car Medics offers free junk car removal services in Memphis and all surrounding areas, including suburbs like Germantown, Millington, Collierville, Cordova, and Southwind-Windyke.
Junk car removal is also important in Memphis because it is illegal to store junk cars on private property unless they are in a garage. It is also illegal to have more than 4 motor vehicles in total per residential property. This means it is very important to get rid of junk cars as soon as they are no longer of use in Memphis.
Junk Car Medics in Memphis
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm ET.
Saturday: 8 am - 5 pm ET.
24/7 Online Junk Car Quotes
How to Sell Junk Car in Memphis
Steps to scrap a car in Memphis in 4 easy steps:
Step 1: Call us at 1-855-585-0777 or get offer online
Step 2: Accept the best junk car offer in Memphis
Step 3: Schedule junk car removal in Memphis
Step 4: Get paid cash upon pickup of the junk car.
The above 4 steps are a brief recap on how to sell my junk car.
Why Junk Car Medics in
Here's 6 reasons to choose Junk Car Medics as your top choice to get cash for cars and junk cars in Memphis.
Your Best Junk Car Offer
Get your best offer to junk a car for cash in Memphis from the best junk car buyers.
Step by Step Process to Junk Cars
Get an offer, accept it, and be walked through the entire process to junk cars in Memphis.
Free Towing and Removal
Junk Car Medics has no additional charge for junk car removal in Memphis.
Helpful Concierge Service
Junking a car in Memphis should be fast, easy, and pain-free. Our team helps assure it.
100% Free to You
Selling a junk car in Memphis with Junk Car Medics is a completely free process for you.
100's of Raving Fans
We've earned the reputation as the best junk car buyer in Memphis for good reason.
Give Junk Car Medics in Memphis a Try
Junk Car Medics is a quick, easy, and painless way to sell junk cars for cash in Memphis. I invite you to get an offer to junk your car in Memphis and put our service against anyone!
Todd Bialaszewski - Junk Car Medics
Sell Scrap Cars for Cash in Memphis?
Who buys junk cars in Memphis?
Listed below are 11 junk car buyers in Memphis.
- Junk Car Medics (best overall)
- Pull-A-Part (best junkyard chain)
- Lester’s Cash for Junk Cars (best local)
- Memphis Cash for Junk Cars
- Cash Auto Salvage
- Junk Car Pro
- Moe’s Cash for Junk Cars Memphis
- The Clunker Junker
- Sell Car for Cash Memphis
- Kings Cash for Junk Cars
- LKQ Pick A Part
These are the top rated junk car buyers with the most experience in Memphis. Knowing who buys junk cars in Memphis can be overwhelming. There are so many junk cars needing recycled in Memphis that there are over 30 places that buy junk cars in Memphis in total.
How to choose a junk car buyer in Memphis?
With over 30 junk car buyers in Memphis it is important to narrow down the options. Keep these 6 things in mind when choosing a junk car buyer in Memphis.
- Licensed junk car buyer in Memphis. Many people do not realize that junk car buyers need a special license to operate in Memphis. In Section 1680-2-4 the state of Tennessee requires all junk car facilities to have a Junkyard Control Permit issued by the Commissioner of the Department of Transportation, and this applies to any business engaged in the temporary storage of junk cars pending disposition as a part of normal operation such as junk car buyers. Junk Car Medics is a licensed junk car buyer in Memphis.
- Reputable junk car buyer in Memphis. There are many junk car buyers in Memphis and not all of them offer good service. Check online reviews to determine if the junk car buyer has experience and a good reputation with the local community. Junk Car Medics has thousands of positive online reviews and more experience than most other cash for cars services in Memphis.
- Fair junk car prices in Memphis. Junk car buyers should offer a fair price for junk cars in Memphis. Check online reviews to make sure that the junk car buyer doesn’t quote one price and give another on pick up. Junk Car Medics pays the most cash for cars in Memphis by making all junk car buyers compete for your vehicle.
- Pays on junk car removal in Memphis. Never pay for junk car removal. Not only should junk car removal be free it should also result in being paid when the junk car is picked up. Always look for free junk car removal services that use licensed towing operators per Section 6-88-3 of the Memphis city code. Junk Car Medics partners with licensed wreckers in Memphis.
- Junk car buying locations near me. Junk Car Buyers offering local towing are able to pay the most for junk cars in Memphis. The junk car buyer or their towing partner should be located very close to you and they should have the equipment necessary to access the junk car wherever it may be stored. Junk Car Medics uses the closest towing companies to make sure you get the most cash for your car in Memphis.
- Handles the paperwork to sell a junk car in Memphis. The best junk car buyers assist with paperwork to sell junk cars in Memphis. Paperwork requirements vary based on whether or not you have a title in Tennessee. Junk Car Medics will provide instructions for how to endorse the title for transfer and provide a bill of sale for your signature and provide additional documentation as needed.
The most important thing to remember when choosing a junk car buyer in Memphis is that you want to use only licensed, legal, reputable reputable junk car buyers in Memphis. Make sure that anyone handling your junk car or the paperwork to sell the junk car is licensed and following Tennessee title and recycling laws. Junk Car Medics meets and exceeds all of the expectations you should have for junk car buyers in Memphis.
What is the best junk car buyer in Memphis?
The best junk car buyer in Memphis is Junk Car Medics. Junk Car Medics works with local junkyards, towing services, online car auctions, and car buyers to get the most cash for junk cars in Memphis.
Do junkyards in Memphis buy junk cars for cash?
Yes, junkyards and auto salvage yards in Memphis buy junk cars. It is still best to call each junkyard and ask.
Do wrecking yards in Memphis buy cars for cash?
Yes, wrecking yards in Memphis buy cars. It is still best to call each wrecking yard and ask.
What is the best junkyard in Memphis?
Listed below are the best junkyards in Memphis.
- LKQ Pick A Part – Memphis: LKQ Pick A Part is a junkyard chain with locations throughout the United States. LKQ Pick A Part offers both full-service and self-service used auto parts and vehicle recycling. This Memphis salvage yard sells used auto parts, recycles scrap cars, and buys junk cars in Memphis. They are one of the most consistently rated junkyard chains, with a 3.8 stars in Memphis.
- Pull-A-Part – Memphis: Pull-A-Part is another junkyard chain operating in Memphis. Pull-A-Part is a traditional self-service auto salvage yard. Pull-A-Part does pay cash for junk cars in Memphis, but they don’t always pay the highest prices to individuals. Pull-A-Part is also highly rated and people rave about the friendly service.
- Mid-Town Auto Parts & Salvage: This is a highly rated locally owned and operated junkyard in Memphis. They sell both used auto parts and rebuilt salvage vehicles. Mid-Town Auto Salvage in Memphis is the best option for getting used auto parts in Memphis. Mid-Town also pays cash for junk cars in Memphis.
There are 3 additional junkyard in Memphis including Dennis Hall’s Auto Salvage, Memphis Auto Parts & Salvage, and U-Pull-It – Memphis. All other listings that come up for junkyards in Memphis are actually junk car buyers and not physical junkyards selling parts or salvaging vehicles. The best junkyards in Memphis have a 4.1 star rating on Google.
What are scrap car prices near me in Memphis?
The current average scrap car price in Memphis is $446.
The most wanted junk car in Memphis is the 2007 Nissan Altima averaging $286 cash for scrap cars. Remember that scrap car prices in Memphis fluctuate depending on several factors, so it is important to get an accurate quote from Junk Car Medics at the time of selling your junk car.
Average Prices For Top 10 Junk Cars in Memphis
Here are the 10 most popular junk cars in Memphis:
- 2007 Nissan Altima - $286.00
- 2009 Nissan Altima - $291.25
- 2015 Chrysler 200 - $1,358.75
- 2003 Honda CR-V - $833.33
- 2008 Nissan Maxima - $410.00
- 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - $300.00
- 2007 Pontiac G6 - $231.67
- 2003 Nissan Maxima - $178.33
- 2008 Dodge Avenger - $363.33
- 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - $251.67
Memphis Junk Cars With The Highest Values
Here are the top 10 valued junk cars in Memphis
- Nissan Frontier - $1,562.50
- Honda Accord - $1,451.50
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class - $1,110.00
- Volkswagen GTI - $1,042.50
- Chrysler 200 - $945.00
- Chevrolet Cruze - $762.50
- Buick Enclave - $750.00
- Dodge Charger - $723.33
- Lexus IS 300 - $682.50
- BMW 5-Series - $660.00
Remember that prices of junk cars fluctuate depending on several factors, it is important to get a quote from Junk Car Medics to get an accurate price for you junker in Memphis.
What factors impact junk car values in Memphis?
Listed below are the seven main factors that impact junk car prices in Memphis and the value of junk cars in Memphis.
- The popularity of the vehicle in Memphis.
- The condition of the vehicle and if it is drivable.
- Value of the vehicle’s parts in Memphis.
- The vehicle’s weight in scrap metal.
- Memphis scrap metal prices.
- If you have the Tennessee vehicle title.
- The location of your vehicle in Memphis.
One of the most important things that affects junk car values in Memphis is whether or not the vehicle has its most valuable parts including the engine and transmission. Not having a title for a junk car in Memphis consistently decreases junk car prices in Memphis.
How do junk car prices in Memphis compare to other cities?
The average junk car price in Memphis is $446. The average junk car price in Tennessee is $513. Comparatively, the national average price of a junk car is $617. Therefore, Memphis pays $67 less for junk cars than the Tennessee average and $171 less for junk cars than the national average.
Here are nearby cities that pay more for junk cars than Memphis:
- Sell Junk Cars in Nashville, TN
- Sell Junk Cars for Cash in Chattanooga, TN
- Junk Cars for Cash in Clarksville, TN
- Cash for Cars in Knoxville, TN
- Cash for Junk Cars in Murfreesboro, TN
Compare Memphis values to how much you get for a scrap car nationwide.
View recent junk car values in Memphis
Can I sell my junk car for $500 cash in Memphis?
Yes you can sell a junk car for $500 cash in Memphis. Junk car prices are high right now due to factors that impact the value.
The only way to get $500 cash for junk cars in Memphis is to have the vehicle title. Not having the title decreases junk car values in Memphis. The condition of the vehicle is also an important factor to sell a junk car for $500 in Memphis.
Diagnose Your Junk Car Woes in Memphis With Cash
What do I need to sell my junk car in Memphis?
To sell junk cars in Memphis one must be able to prove ownership of the vehicle. When preparing to sell a junker one can prove ownership of a vehicle by providing the valid vehicle title in their name. If the vehicle title is missing the vehicle registration and bill of sale is required to sell junk cars in Memphis.
Junk cars over 12 years old can be sold without a title in Memphis with a Certification of Ownership. The Certification of Ownership application can also be used to get a title for junk cars in Memphis newer than 12 years but missing ownership documents. Junk Car Medics helps you complete this paperwork when required in Memphis.
How does Memphis define a junk vehicle?
The City of Memphis does not specifically define junk vehicle. Junk cars that are not allowed by Memphis law are referred to as public nuisance vehicles. These include inoperative, rusted, significantly damaged, junked, or unlicensed motor vehicles. Parts cars being used in the major overhaul of another vehicle are also junk cars but are not considered nuisance vehicles if they are stored in a garage.
Junk cars in Memphis are also called totaled cars, decrepit cars, scrap cars, and clunkers. Most junk cars in Memphis are at least 15 years old and have at least 155,000 miles unless they have been in a vehicle accident. Junk cars come in all conditions including damaged, wrecked, and totally inoperable. Scrap car shells also count as junk cars in Memphis. The generally accepted junk car definition is one that should not or cannot be operated on the roads and highways safely.
What are the laws around junking a car in Memphis?
The laws around junking a car in Memphis can be found in Section 730-732 of the city of Memphis vehicle code and Section 55-3-202 of the Tennessee state vehicle code. Both of these junk car recycling laws regulate licensure and required reporting from junk car facilities.
Section 55-3-202 of the vehicle code in Tennessee requires all vehicle dismantlers and auto recyclers to obtain a certificate of title for every vehicle they buy unless the vehicle is 12 years or older and is being sold only for parts, dismantling, or scrap. All junk vehicles sold without a title in Memphis must be reported to the DMV. A Certification of Ownership is required and the junkyard must wait 3 business days before recycling the junk car bought without a title in Memphis.
The following laws for junking a car in Memphis are found in the city vehicle code. These 3 laws dictate how dealers in second hand vehicles, including junk car buyers, must operate within the city of Memphis.
- 730 states that all dealers in second hand vehicles must record every junk car they buy.
- 731 requires those junk car buyers to report purchases to the Memphis police the following business day after paying cash for the junk car.
- 732 dictates that the junk car buyer must wait 24 hours after reporting the junk car sale before disposing of the junk vehicle or transferring the junk car to an auto dismantler or other entity.
Most of the laws for junking a car in Memphis fall under the responsibility of junk car buyers and other junk car facilities like auto salvage yards, junkyards, and vehicle recyclers. There are also junk car laws in Memphis about the storage of junk cars and these are given below.
What is the penalty for breaking the junk car recycling laws in Memphis?
Selling a junk car without a title in Tennessee by committing fraud on a certification of ownership is a Class A misdemeanor resulting in a penalty of up to 11 months 29 days in jail, up to $1000 in fines, or both. A junk car buyer purchasing a junk car without a title in Memphis without appropriate ownership documentation also faces a Class A misdemeanor charge.
Junk car buyers in Memphis can also face local penalties if they do not follow the reporting requirements in Sections 730-732 of the city vehicle code as described above. The penalty for this is a misdemeanor charge and a fine of $25 to $100.
Can I get cash for junk cars with no title in Memphis?
Yes, you can get cash for junk cars with no title in Memphis when the vehicle is at least 12 years old and has value as nothing but scrap or salvage parts. Other proof of ownership is required to sell junk cars with no title in Memphis. A certification of ownership is a required affidavit of ownership that must be submitted to the junk car buyer when selling a junk car with no title in Memphis.
|Cash for Junk Cars With Title in Memphis||70%||$521.31|
|Cash for Junk Cars With Rebuilt Title in Memphis||11.54%||$491.67|
|Cash for Junk Cars With No Title in Memphis||18.64%||$138.02|
Read more about junking a car without title.
How to get a replacement title in Memphis?
To get a replacement title in Memphis one must go to the local office of the Tennessee DMV and complete an application for duplicate title, which is called the Multi-Purpose, Noting of Lien, and Duplicate Title Application in Tennessee. Proof of identity is also required. A duplicate title application can only be completed if the vehicle was previously titled and registered in Tennessee and must be completed by the owner of record. A lien release is also required if removing a lien from a vehicle title. The fee for a duplicate title is $14 and all duplicate titles are mailed.
Is it a requirement to notify the DMV when you junk a car in Memphis?
No, it is not a requirement to notify the DMV when you junk a car in Memphis. Reporting a vehicle sale to the DMV is only required when an individual sells a car to another individual in Tennessee.
Can I store junk cars on my property in Memphis?
Yes, you can store junk cars on your property in Memphis as long as they are in an enclosed garage meant for the purpose. According to Section 302.8 of the Memphis city code there is no legal storage of inoperative, rusted, significantly damaged, junked, or unlicensed motor vehicles and no vehicle can be in a state of disassembly or disrepair unless it is in a garage. Vehicles in a garage being repaired or being used in the restoration of another vehicle are allowed. Residential private property is limited to 4 vehicles per lot unless it is a multi-family dwelling.
Can I sell my car for parts in Memphis?
No, you cannot sell your car for parts in Memphis. The storage of junk cars on private property are limited to those being repaired or parts cars being used in a repair of a personal vehicle. This means that an individual cannot legally store a vehicle for the purpose of selling the parts. If you have another location to store the junk car outside of Memphis you can sell a car for parts by removing the valuable parts, cleaning them, and finding buyers for the used auto parts. More about selling a car for parts.
Is it possible to junk a car with a lien in Memphis?
No, it is not possible to junk a car with a lien in Memphis. Similar to a mortgage, a lien on a title means that the financial institution that loaned the money to purchase the vehicle is still owed. The lien is removed when the loan is paid off and a lien release is submitted to the DMV using the same application used to get a duplicate title. Until the lien is removed the junk car seller does not actually fully own the vehicle and therefore cannot sell it to a junk car buyer in Memphis.
Common Questions When Selling Junk Cars in Memphis with JUNK CAR MEDICS
Yes, Junk Car Medics pays cash for cars in Memphis. Junk Car Medics is known to pay more cash for cars and junk cars in Memphis compared to other junk car buyers. Sellers of junk cars will be paid with a guaranteed check at the time of vehicle removal.
You will be paid for your junk car upon vehicle removal in Memphis unless otherwise stated ahead of time.
Yes, Junk Car Medics offers junk car removal in Memphis and all surrounding areas. Junk Car Medics will pick up junk cars in all neighborhoods and suburbs of Memphis including the 3 suburbs and 3 neighborhoods of Memphis below.
- East Memphis: East Memphis is your typical middle class family neighborhood. East Memphis is a quiet community with good schools and affordable homes for both rent and sale. There is more need for junk car removal in this neighborhood because the demographic makeup of this neighborhood means more used vehicles reach their end in East Memphis.
- Uptown North Memphis: The North Memphis neighborhood are actually split into several smaller neighborhoods including Uptown North Memphis. Uptown is also an affordable place to live, but it is also a bit safer. As a result there are many family vehicles such as vans and SUVs that break down and need to be removed as junk cars in Memphis.
- Frayser: Frayser is the cheapest neighborhood in Memphis. Most of the people who live in Frayser drive very old used cars. Many of these households own rebuilt salvage cars. This means that there are many decrepit cars that need to be removed in Frayser.
- Bartlett, Tennessee: Bartlett began as a farming community, but is now a much larger suburb of It is mostly families, with lots of activities for children and active adults. Bartlett doesn’t take kindly to having junk vehicles in public view either, so it is important to have junk cars removed as soon as possible in Bartlett.
- Arlington, Tennessee: Arlington is another suburb of Memphis that is popular with families. This Memphis suburb is actually one of the few active blacksmith shops in the US. As such, there is a need in Arlington for steel and other metals that is best fed by recycling cars in Memphis.
- Lakeland, Tennessee: Lakeland was voted as one of the top 10 most affordable places to live in Tennessee. Because Lakeland is so affordable many people here are still of an income level to buy used cars over new. Even though Lakeland residents buy later model used cars than other poorer neighborhoods there is still a demand for junk car removal in Lakeland because people are not able to afford proper maintenance on their vehicles which decreases the length of its life.
Junk Car Medics offers free junk car removal in these and all other neighborhoods and suburbs of Memphis. Junk Car Medics offers towing of wrecked, damaged, and inoperable vehicles throughout Tennessee. A local tow truck will come pick up your vehicle in Memphis. Junk Car Medics is the best junk car removal service in Memphis.
Yes, Junk Car Medics pays cash for junk cars with no title in Memphis when the vehicle qualifies. Vehicles older than 12 years with value only as scrap can be sold for cash to Junk Car Medics in Memphis. Out of state titles, salvage certificates, nonrepairable certificates, and bills of sale from other states for parts cars or classic cars are acceptable in place of a title.
Junk Car Medics requires a title for all other junk car sales in Memphis. We do not recommend that you sell a car without a title in Memphis. Junk cars without a title bring an average of $132 less than the same make and model with title present.
Junk Car Medics calculates junk car values using the 7 factors mentioned above. Junk Car Medics proprietary system generates appraisals for junk cars in Memphis via an easy online form. Junk car owners can also call Junk Car Medics and a representative will generate the quote using the same proprietary tools. Our quote system takes into account all of the factors that affect junk car values as well as current prices being paid for junk cars in Memphis to determine your instant cash offer for junk cars in Memphis.
Yes Junk Car Medics salvages cars in Memphis. Junk Car Medics buys salvage cars for cash and properly recycles them. Get the best price to sell a salvage car with Junk Car Medics. Junk Car Medics works with local vehicle recycles to properly dispose of and salvage cars in Memphis.
Everything to Know About The Junk Car Industry in Memphis?
According to the US Census there are about 196,754 registered vehicles in Memphis based on vehicle distribution average by population. This was determined by a count of 2,115,632 registered vehicles in Tennessee as of 2021 and Memphis is 9.3% of the population of Tennessee.
It is estimated that about 1-2% of all registered vehicles are junk cars in Memphis. There are over 30 junk car buyers in Memphis to meet the demand. Most junk cars are at least 15 years old and have over 155,000 miles unless they have been wrecked, stripped in a theft, or otherwise damaged beyond repair.
Junk cars are the most recyclable item in the United States. With so many vehicles on the road the junk car industry in Memphis has to be big. All vehicles will become end-of-life vehicles and decrepit cars.
End of Life Vehicles (ELV) are in high demand across the steel and auto manufacturing industries, which is why the junk car recycling market in Memphis is vast. Used car parts are also in high demand in Memphis. The car restoration industry throughout the state also fuels the demand for junk cars in Tennessee.
When to junk a car in Memphis?
Junk a car in Memphis within 14 days of it being tagged as a nuisance vehicle to avoid additional costs and penalties. Junk cars not removed within 14 days will be towed by the city and stored in an impound lot until claimed by paying all towing and storage fees. Unclaimed junk cars are sold at auction and the vehicle owner is still liable for the towing and storage fees. To get cash for cars in Memphis instead of paying the city for their removal call Junk Car Medics as soon as possible.
Information about City of Memphis and Junk Vehicles
Memphis is the 2nd largest city in Tennessee with a population of 628,127 or 9.3% of the total population of Tennessee. Memphis is located in Shelby County and serves as the county seat. Memphis is best known for Graceland and its rich musical history. It is a densely urban city.
The most common occupations in Memphis are cashier, customer service representative, material handler, and sales associate. The top exports of Memphis are aircraft parts, orthopedic appliances, telephones, and computers. Memphis has over 100 neighborhoods spread throughout 9 districts including Jackson, Berclair, Oak Haven, Chickasaw Gardens, and Hickory Hill. The Mayor of Memphis is Jim Strickland, and the governor of Tennessee is Bill Lee.
It is unknown how many vehicles exist in Memphis. Vehicles with junk, nonrepairable, or salvage status are not required to be registered in Memphis. Vehicles with titles from other states that do not have to be registered are not counted in Memphis. There are also a lot of parts cars and classic cars being used in rebuilds in Memphis that are not registered or tracked.
The junk car industry is very important for Memphis economy. Memphis has such a large junk car industry that there are over 30 junk car buyers in the city. There are also many junk car buyers and junkyards in unincorporated Shelby County and other areas of the state.
There are 3 reasons the junk car industry is so big in Memphis. The biggest reason that the junk car industry is so big in Memphis is that there are a disproportionately number of car accidents compared to elsewhere in the state and all of those wrecked and totaled cars must be recycled. The second reason the junk car industry is so big in Memphis is that there are a large number of car thefts that result in totaled vehicles when the stolen car has been partially or completely stripped before being recovered. These vehicles also need to be disposed of appropriately. According to Fox 13 Memphis report in mid July 2022 reported that there had already been over 3000 vehicle thefts since the first of the year. The third reason the junk car industry is vast is that car restoration hobby is big in Memphis. Memphis allows residents to do major overhauls and keep a vehicle for use as parts in the restoration or rebuild of another vehicle, which means there are many scrap car shells needing recycled in Memphis.
How many junk cars are recycled a year in Memphis?
The city of Memphis requires all junkyards, auto salvage yards, scrap yards, and auto dismantlers to report all junk vehicles they purchase by the next business day. However, Memphis does not keep a count of these junked vehicles, at least there is not one available to the public. About 1-2% of all cars are recycled annually throughout the United States, but without knowing how many vehicles are in Memphis it is impossible to know exactly how many junk cars are recycled a year in Memphis.
Does cash for clunkers exist in Memphis?
The cash for clunkers program does not exist in Memphis anymore. The program was an old program to remove junk cars and clunkers from the road. The goal was to replace old vehicles with newer vehicles that have less emissions and are better for the environment.
How does Memphis vehicle recycling and disposal help the environment?
Memphis vehicle recycling and disposal help the environment by properly disposing of the harmful substances, liquids, and materials that exist in all junk cars. About 80% of a vehicle can be recycled. Much of the remaining 20% are toxic chemicals, fluids, substances, and materials, including motor oil, transmission fluid, coolant, mercury, and asbestos. Junk cars left to sit on bare ground can also leak these as well as rust into the earth beneath which affects the local ecosystems.
Can I junk my RV, motorcycle, or bicycle in Memphis?
No, you can’t junk your RV, motorcycle, bicycle, trailer, or other wheeled transport with junk car buyers in Memphis. Junk car buyers only pay cash for passenger vehicles like cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. Other types of vehicle are not governed by the same laws as junk cars in Memphis and therefore do not fit into the junk car buying process.