Mobile junk car removal for cash hauls away old and decrepit cars from private and public property. Mobile junk car removal for cash puts money in your pocket while ridding you of unwanted cars cluttering up your property. Junk car removal is how you get scrap cars removed from your property in Mobile.
Junk car removal is how you get junk cars removed in Mobile. Junk car removal in Mobile starts with contacting a junk car buyer. Once an offer is made and accepted removal of the jalopy is scheduled promptly. Junk car owners get cash for clunkers upon removal from their property.
Junk car removal in Mobile is handled by a local towing company partnered with a junk car buyer in Mobile. The most commonly used types of tow trucks used to remove damaged cars in Mobile are the traditional hook and chain tow truck or the flatbed tow truck. The more accessible the junk car, the easier the tow driver will be able to haul it away. You might not get as much cash for your old car if the tow driver needs other tow equipment to remove the junk car in Mobile.
Junk car selling in Mobile is the best way to get rid of a scrap car. Selling a junk car in Mobile puts cash in your pocket instead of paying for the damaged car to be removed. Junk car selling is done through a junk car buyer or junkyard who then arranges for pickup of the unwanted car. Junk car buyers pay cash to sellers for junk cars in Mobile.
Junk car removal and selling is important to the environment and economy in Mobile because there are a high number of car accidents resulting in wrecked and damaged vehicles needing to be recycled. Car collecting and restoration is popular in Mobile adding to the number of scrap cars that need to be recycled. Car restorers often purchase parts cars that need to be scrapped once the useful parts have been harvested. Both of these common occurrences leads to junk cars having a large impact on Mobile’s economy and environment.
The city of Mobile allows junk cars, dismantled cars, and car parts or pieces to be stored in an enclosed building. It is not allowed to have a junk car on your property for more than 14 days if it is not stored in a garage or other enclosure. Mobile removes junk cars that are in violation of this law, including wrecked, damaged, and inoperable vehicles at the owner’s expense. It is much better to sell junk car for cash Mobile or the city will get the full economic benefit of recycling the car.
What is the Mobile Car Wrecking and Disposal Program?
Mobile has a car wrecking and disposal program for junk cars that owners do not voluntarily remove from their property. Here are the five main administrative rules for the Mobile car wrecking and disposal program.
- Junk cars may only remain in public view for 14 calendar days. Old cars on either public or private property are subject to towing by Mobile Environmental Enforcement.
- Abandoned vehicles are towed immediately by the city and these are recycled if not claimed within 60 days.
- Automobiles registered as antique or collectible cars that are not operable are not subject to towing by the junk car wrecking and disposal program.
- Storing a junk car in the garage or other enclosure exempts the old car from being towed as part of the Mobile car wrecking and disposal program.
- Vehicles that are not claimed and fees paid after being removed from private or public property are recycled and the funds distributed among the city’s departments according to local and state law.
There are about 12 junk car disposal areas in Mobile. Junk car disposal is important in Mobile because there are a high number of car wrecks each year and car restoration projects needing parts cars are common.
Car wrecking and disposal in Mobile is how the city removes and recycles public nuisance and abandoned vehicles. It is much better to find a junk car buyer that pays cash for junk cars in Mobile.
What to know about Junk Car Industry in Mobile?
There were 5,721,132 registered cars in Alabama in 2020. Mobile makes up about 0.38% of the population of Alabama. Therefore, there are an estimated 217,403 registered vehicles in Mobile. Not all vehicles in the state are registered. Many junk cars do not have current registration.
It is difficult to know the exact number of junk cars in Mobile. According to the Alabama Department of Transportation’s 2020 Crash Fact Book, about 3% of licensed drivers were in a car accident in 2020. Car restoration is a popular hobby that drives junk car disposal trends in Mobile. It is estimated that 1-2% of vehicles are junk cars. This means that about 5% of the vehicles registered in Mobile in 2020 required disposal.
The junk car industry in Mobile is very big. More than 10,000 junk and damaged cars were recycled in Mobile in 2020 according to the numbers above. There are at least 8 junk car buyers in Mobile, including Junk Car Medics.
Mobile is very strict about junk cars on private property. Mobile cracked down on junk cars in public view in 2018, when they decided to strengthen enforcement and further restrict the presence of junk cars in Mobile. The fact that Mobile gives car owners 14 days to have a junk car on their property without penalty makes it clear that the city is still more lenient than others. Mobile will not hesitate to remove a junk car from private property as soon as it qualifies for removal.
The best junk car buyers in Mobile are well-versed in the law and have industry pull to give you the most cash for junk car in Mobile. Choose a junk car buyer that acts swiftly to remove the unwanted car before you are fined. This means choosing a junk car dealer that helps you complete all paperwork and give you an instant offer. Look at junkyards and auto brokers that buy junk cars in Alabama.
Information about City of Mobile and Junk Vehicles
Mobile is a city in Alabama and the county seat of Mobile County. The city of Mobile is located on the northwest corner of the Gulf Coast at the head of the Mobile River. Mobile is Alabama’s only saltwater seaport. The population of Mobile is 189,994.
The main occupations in Mobile are in industries that support businesses and the greater populace. Here are the three most common occupations in Mobile.
- Retail salespersons, cashiers, and food service workers in Mobile.
- Registered nurses in Mobile.
- Secretarial and administrative support in Mobile.
<economic growth and mass>
Mobile imports and exports are heavily immersed in the oil industry. Here are the three most produced products in Mobile.
- Refined petroleum, petroleum distillates, and petroleum for motor vehicles in Mobile.
- Polyamides in Mobile.
- Sulfate chemical wood pulp in Mobile.
There are 21 neighborhoods in Mobile. Junk Car Medics provides Mobile junk car removal in these popular neighborhoods including the nine listed below.
- Berkleigh cash for cars in Mobile.
- Airmont cash for cars near me in Mobile.
- Di Grado cash for junk cars in Mobile.
- Dauphin Acres junk cars in Mobile.
- Westhill sell junk car in Mobile.
- Malibar Heights cash for scrap cars in Mobile.
- Navco cash for scrap and damaged cars in Mobile.
- Maryvale cash for clunkers in Mobile.
- Rickarby clunkers for cash in Mobile.
The mayor of Mobile is Sandy Stimpson. The governor of Alabama is Kay Ivey. The president of the United States is Joe Biden. Both the mayor of Mobile and the governor of Alabama are held by the Republican party.
There are an estimated 217,403 vehicles registered in Mobile, but not all vehicles are registered. About 5% of vehicles were junk cars in 2020, which includes both junk cars and damaged or wrecked vehicles. The junk car industry is % of the economic mass of Mobile. There are several junk car buyers in Mobile to meet this demand. Junk Car Medics pays cash for junk cars in Mobile AL.
What are the Laws for Mobile Car Recycling Laws?
Alabama sets the laws for Mobile car recycling in the Alabama state code Section 32-8-87 and Section 810-5-75-48. Here are the four most important laws regarding recycling old cars in Mobile.
- Titles cannot be issued for junk cars in Mobile. Mobile DMV cannot issue titles for junk vehicles in Alabama. This includes vehicles that have a damaged or wrecked frame or has missing or nonworking major mechanical components like the engine, transmission, or drive train. A duplicate title can be obtained from the Alabama DMV for junk vehicles that have already had a certificate of title issued. A title is required to sell a junk car in Mobile that is newer than 12 years old.
- Junk cars 12 model years or older do not need a title in Mobile. Alabama allows Mobile residents to sell junk cars for the express purpose of dismantling and recycling without a title. First, the vehicle must be 12 model years or older, which would mean the vehicle must be at least 2010 or older as of 2022. Second, the vehicle must meet Alabama’s definition of junk vehicle, which means it must be wrecked, dismantled, or in such a state of disrepair that repairing it would cost more than 60% of the vehicle’s overall value. Third, a form MVT 5-18 completed with details of the seller, the vehicle, and the auto recycler, as well as identifying information such as driver’s license and auto dismantler’s license number.
- Vehicles with a lien in the last five years cannot be sold without a title. Identifying information for junk vehicles is collected and run through the National Motor Vehicle Registration System before they can be scrapped in Mobile. A lien or pending lien initiated in the five years immediately preceding the sale of the junk car or a report of the car being stolen within the last five years will result in a cancelled transaction. A vehicle that has had a lien in the last five years cannot be scrapped without providing an original or duplicate certificate of title with lien release.
- Transactions for selling junk cars in Mobile must be completed within three days of initiation. Junk car owners have three days to complete the transaction for their clunkers for cash in Mobile. Submission of a junk car appraisal form or getting a quote for cash for cars in Mobile starts the three day clock. The junk car must be removed and paid for within the three day period for the sale to be valid. A new transaction must be initiated with a new quote if the original transaction is not completed in the required time frame.
The most important junk car recycling law in Mobile is that you only have three days to complete a sale to get cash for junk cars in Mobile, from quote to removal and payment. This means that you cannot sit on your cash offer for junk car removal in Mobile. Waiting too long to accept the offer and schedule junk car removal in Mobile could cause you to start back at the beginning with a new transaction.
How does Junk Car Medics appraise Junk Cars?
Junk Car Medics appraises junk cars using a proprietary online system that evaluates the year, make, model, and condition of the vehicle. Junk Car Medics knows how to appraise junk cars by checking scrap metal prices and average prices paid for junk cars in Mobile to determine your cash offer.
There are seven things that determine the value of a junk car in Mobile. The first thing that Junk Car Medics looks at is the vehicle’s year, make, and model. The second thing that affects junk car values is the condition and location of the old car in Mobile. The third thing that is used to find the value of an unwanted car is whether or not it has profitable parts like engine, transmission, and catalytic converter, and whether or not these parts are in working order. The final thing used to determine your junk car appraisal in Mobile is local scrap metal prices and average prices being paid for junk cars in Mobile.
It is easy to get an appraisal for your junk car from Junk Car Medics through our online instant quote tool. First, enter the details about the type, year, make, and model of the unwanted vehicle in Mobile. Second, provide information about the vehicle’s condition and location. Third, get your instant cash offer instantly from Junk Car Medics. Accept the offer within three days for the junk car sale to be valid according to Alabama law.
How to Sell Your Junk Car in Mobile?
Listed below are the five main steps on how to sell your junk car in Mobile.
- Find a junk car buyer in Mobile. Look online and check for local recommendations from people you trust. There are about a dozen junk car buyers in Mobile, and not all of them are reputable or give the best prices. Junk Car Medics is the clear choice for a junk car buyer in Mobile.
- Get free quotes to determine the value of your junk car in Mobile. Get cash offers for your junk car in Mobile. Compare quotes from multiple junk car buyers or choose one that is known to offer the most cash for junk cars in Mobile. Junk Car Medics uses proprietary technology to determine the best possible price for your jalopy in Mobile.
- Accept the best cash offer and schedule free junk car removal in Mobile. Accept the cash offer for junk cars in Mobile within three days. Junk car removal in Mobile will be scheduled once the offer has been accepted and all paperwork is complete. Junk Car Medics offers fast and flexible scheduling for junk car removal in Mobile.
- Complete the necessary paperwork in Mobile. Endorse the certificate of title for transfer and complete any other necessary paperwork, such as Form MVT 5-18 when you don’t have a title for a vehicle to be scrapped for metal in Mobile.
- Get paid cash for junking your car in Mobile. You should be paid for your damaged or decrepit car upon removal by the car buyer’s agent or hired towing service in Mobile. Junk car buyers pay cash for scrapping cars in Mobile. Junk car sales in Mobile are often paid by check. Junk Car Medics pays cash for clunkers via check in Mobile.
Those are the steps to sell junk cars in Mobile.
How many Junk Cars are wrecked a year in Mobile?
There were about 10,870 cars junked in Mobile in 2020. There were 5,721,132 registered vehicles in 2020, and according to the Alabama Department of Transportation about 3% of them were damaged in a car wreck requiring scrapping the car in Mobile. It is estimated that another 1-2% of all vehicles are junk cars. That means that there were up to 10,870 junk vehicles recycled in Mobile in 2020. There are many places where to sell junk cars in Mobile to meet the demand.
What is the Best Junk Yards in Mobile?
Junkyards buy or accept junk cars for dismantling, salvaging, scrapping, and recycling. Here are the top three junkyards in Mobile according to online reviews.
- Pull-a-Part Mobile (Best Overall): Pull-a-Part is a popular junkyard chain with locations in and around Mobile. Pull-a-Part has a stellar reputation as a junkyard offering self-service used auto parts. Customers are always satisfied with service and finding the parts they need. Pull-a-Part relies on junk car buyers like Junk Car Medics to negotiate accepting cars for salvaging in Mobile.
- Auto World Salvage & Sales in Mobile: Auto World Salvage & Sales offers the most car recycling services in Mobile. Auto World recycles junk cars, salvages cars for used parts, and rebuilds salvage cars for Mobile residents on a budget. Auto World buys used, old, and decrepit cars in Mobile. They have a high Google rating and are a popular place to go for used auto parts and salvage cars in Mobile.
- Counselmen Automotive Recycling Mobile: Counselmen Automotive Recycling is a complete junkyard in Mobile offering used auto parts and recycling scrap cars when they are no longer of any use. Counselmen is well known for having needed parts at reasonable prices. They buy used, old, and damaged cars and reusable car parts in Mobile.
These are the best junkyards in Mobile. Junk cars are certain to end up in junkyards or auto recycling centers when you sell car with no title in Mobile.
Does Junk Car Medics Salvage Cars in Mobile?
Yes, Junk Car Medics salvages cars in Mobile. Junk Car Medics works with local junkyards and scrap yards to salvage cars in Mobile. Junk cars are salvaged for parts and recyclable materials before being crushed and disposed of in Mobile. Junk Car Medics facilitates salvaging junk cars in Mobile with local auto recyclers.
Junk Car Medics has one location in Mobile and 5 additional Alabama locations including Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. Junk Car Medics uses proprietary technology to appraise junk cars and give the best prices based on the local junk car industry in Mobile. The online tool available on their website makes it easy to get a cash offer for scrap cars in Mobile. Junk Car Medics pays between $300 and $1500 when you sell a used car for cash in Mobile.
Does Junk Car Medics Requires Car Titles in Mobile?
Yes, Junk Car Medics requires car titles in Mobile for all vehicles that have a model year occurring in the last 12 years. A duplicate title can be obtained online or in person for a modest $15 fee from the DMV in Mobile Alabama. Junk Car Medics buys cars for cash without a title in Mobile with completion of the aforementioned form when a junk car is 12 model years or older because it will be scrapped.
Does Junk Car Medics Checks the Registration of Junk Cars?
No, Junk Car Medics does not check the registration of junk cars in Mobile. The junk car owner must provide the certificate of title in most cases. There are other ways to provide proof of ownership for a vehicle, and the registration may be checked if state law allows it to be used for selling a junk car in Mobile. Some AL junk cars can be sold without a title, but the seller will not get as much cash for junk cars without a title in Mobile.
Is it required to notify Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) when selling junk cars?
No, it is not required to notify the Mobile DMV when selling junk cars. The person selling the old car must keep the license plates from the vehicle. These can be reused to tag a new vehicle, destroyed, or otherwise disposed of, but must not remain on the junk car when it is removed from your property in Mobile.
How do I Get a Junk Title in Alabama?
Alabama does not issue junk titles. A certificate of title is not required for vehicles that are at least 12 years old and have missing or inoperable major mechanical parts like engines or wheels. A form MVT 5-18 is required instead of a junk title in these situations in Mobile. A vehicle that does not qualify for a form MVT 5-18 must have a certificate of title to be sold. A duplicate certificate of title or salvage certificate must be obtained to sell the junk car in Mobile.
How to Choose a Junk Car Buyer in Mobile?
Choosing a junk car buyer in Mobile is an important decision. Here are five things to do when considering a junk car buyer in Mobile.
- Find local junk car buyers in Mobile. Do a Google search for local junk car buyers in Mobile. Get recommendations from trusted friends and family and check consumer reviews to make sure they are a reputable and licensed junk car buyer in Mobile.
- Compare towing and removal of junk cars in Mobile. Look for reviews that show how promptly the junk car buyer arranges for removal of scrap cars in Mobile. Never pay for towing of junk cars in Mobile. Vehicles in a hard to access location may bring less cash for cars due to additional towing equipment and labor. Junk Car Medics schedules removal of clunkers in Mobile quickly and around your schedule and pays the most cash for junk cars regardless of location.
- Review paperwork requirements to sell junk car in Mobile. The best junk car buyers are well-versed in the paperwork required to sell a junk car in Mobile and how to complete it. It is possible to sell a junk car with no title in Mobile with the completion of additional forms. Junk Car Medics helps you complete all necessary paperwork to make the process as painless as possible when you sell a junk car in Mobile.
- Get quotes from junk car buyers in Mobile. Narrow options for junk car buyers based on the above criteria and get quotes from your top three choices. Not all junk car buyers offer online quotes or instant offers. Junk Car Medics uses an online tool to give instant cash offers for junk cars in Mobile.
- Compare junk car removal services in Mobile. Look at all factors before choosing a junk car buyer in Mobile. The best junk car dealer is not always the cheapest. Compare the cash offer, the process, scheduling, reviews, and how hard the junk car buyer works to keep the economic benefit of the junk car sale in Mobile.
That is how to choose from junk car buyers in Mobile. Ensure any junk car buyer considered is reputable by looking them up on the Better Business Bureau and other consumer watchdog sites. Junk Car Medics is highly recommended and favored throughout Alabama, including when buying junk cars in Mobile.
What are the Best Junk Car Removal in Mobile?
Junk car removal for cash in Mobile is scheduled and arranged by junk car buyers. Here are the three best junk car removal services in Mobile according to online reviews.
- Junk Car Medics (Best Overall): Junk Car Medics is the best junk car removal service in Mobile. Get your quote, accept your offer, and schedule junk car removal easily and instantly with the proprietary online tool from Junk Car Medics.
- Cash for Cars Mobile: This is the longest running cash for cars junk car removal service in Mobile. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and they are well respected and liked in the local community. Customers rave about being given a fair and sometimes high price for their junk cars.
- Mobile We Buy Cars: The Mobile We Buy Cars junk car removal service has all 5 star reviews from their customers. Their prices are fair, scheduling prompt, and they make junk car removal fast and easy in Mobile.
Most junk car removal services buy junk cars in Mobile. Removal is handled either in-house or by partnering with local towing companies to remove the junk car promptly. Junk Car Medics is the best junk car removal in Mobile.
Is Junk Car Industry Big in Mobile?
Yes, the junk car industry is big in Mobile. Mobile has a large number of car accidents that result in many wrecked and damaged cars being junked every year. There are a number of car restoration hobbyists that repair and rebuild their own vehicles. Parts cars need to be scrapped once useful and needed parts have been removed. Since Mobile only allows such vehicles to remain on private property for up to 30 days, the junk car industry must be responsive. This allows for vast competition in the junk car industry in Mobile.
What are the Necessities to open a Junk Car Facility in Mobile?
There are different necessities to open a junk car facility in Mobile depending on the type of facility. Junk car buyers like Junk Car Medics do not need special licensing to buy junk cars for the purpose of scrapping with another entity. However, junk car buyers still must meet other requirements for operating a business in Mobile.
Junkyards, auto salvage yards, vehicle dismantlers, and auto recyclers must apply for an Automotive Dismantler or Recycler License. This requires registration with the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System, and the registration number must be provided with the application. Second, the entity must complete the application and pay the $225 fee online (via credit card only). The automotive dismantler or auto recycler in Mobile must obtain a surety bond for $50,000 and include a Power of Attorney.
Employees of dismantlers or recyclers that buy junk cars in Mobile must apply for a Buyer’s Identification Card (BID), which has an application fee of $10 per BID. A dismantler or auto recycler can have up to 3 BIDs per location.
How does Mobile define a Junk Vehicle?
According to the city of Mobile, a junk vehicle is any motor vehicle that is fully or partially dismantled, inoperative, wrecked, or junked. Mobile further identifies an inoperative vehicle as any motor vehicle, trailer, RV, camper, or semi that has remained on private property and in view of the general public for 30 days and has major mechanical components that are nonfunctional or missing. This includes the engine, transmission, or wheels.
In general, a junk vehicle is one that has reached the end of its life. Old cars that have been wrecked or damaged must be recycled to keep Mobile neighborhoods clean. Vehicles that cost more to repair than they are worth are junk vehicles that should be removed and recycled. In short, a junk cars in Mobile are those that should no longer be operated on the roads, regardless of make, model, or condition.
Read more about the definition of a junk car.
Are Motorcycles, Bicycles and Other Vehicles included for Junk Vehicle Removal in Mobile?
The removal of junk cars in Mobile does not include motorcycles, bicycles, or other types of vehicles. Junk car removal companies in Mobile only buy cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs.
How to Shield a Junk Vehicle from Public View in Mobile?
Mobile does not allow residents to keep junk vehicles in public view. Here are four ways to shield a junk vehicle from public view in Mobile.
- Store the junk vehicle in a garage in Mobile. A garage or other enclosed building is the best option to shield a junk car from view in Mobile. A garage is necessary if you want to keep a junk car on your property for more than 30 days. This could be necessary if you are using a parts car to repair or rebuild another vehicle.
- Build a temporary enclosed carport. An enclosed carport isn’t the same as a garage, but it can be used to shield your junk vehicle from public view if it is erected on an improved surface. This means the temporary carport or pavilion must be erected on a concrete, gravel, or other pavement.
- Erect a privacy fence in Mobile. Erecting a wood privacy fence of at least 6 feet in height works to shield your junk car from public view in Mobile. The privacy fence surrounds your entire back or side yards, or build a temporary privacy fence big enough to hide the junk vehicle from view in Mobile.
- Use natural shielding in your back or side yard. Your junk car is considered out of public view as long as it cannot be seen from the road, an alleyway, or the yards of your neighbors. A bank of tall shrubs or trees serves as shielding for a junk car in Mobile.
Shielding a junk car from public view is necessary if you are not ready to junk the car in Mobile. Junking a car requires a clear title or other proof of ownership. Shielding a junk car from view buys you time to get the necessary paperwork so that you can sell the junk car in Mobile. At Junk Car Medics, we buy junk cars in Mobile with or without a title, but you get more cash for junk cars in Mobile when you have a clear and present certificate of title in hand.
What is the Penalty of Junk Vehicle Law in Mobile?
The civil penalties for violating the junk vehicle law in Mobile are steep. A fine of $150 per violation is assessed for every day that the junk car remains on your property after it has been tagged by the city as a junk car in Mobile. The total fines cannot exceed $5,000 per violation. A violation is considered one junk car. Two junk cars would be considered separate violations, each incurring fines up to $5,000. A new $150 fine is assessed for every day that the junk car remains on the property. Sell junk car in Mobile quickly to avoid heavy penalties.
Is it more Profitable to Junk Car than Selling it?
No, it is not more profitable to junk a car than selling it in Mobile. Selling the reusable parts from a junk car brings more cash than if the old vehicle is sold to a junk car buyer in Mobile. Storing the vehicle long enough to remove, clean, and sell off the parts is costly. Fines can build up as you part out vehicles, decreasing the profit from junking the car. Most owners of old and decrepit cars consider selling a damaged car to a junk car buyer to be the same as junking a vehicle in Mobile. Therefore, neither one is really more profitable. At Junk Car Medics, we buy junk cars in Mobile to make junking a car easy and profitable.
What is the difference between junking a car and selling it?
Junking a car and selling it are considered the same by most junk car owners. Junking a car is sending it to the scrap yard for recycling, whether you do this for yourself or you hire a junk car buyer. Junk car buyers in Mobile Alabama are ready to remove unwanted cars from residences and other private property to be junked at local auto recyclers and salvage yards.