We Buy Used Cars for Cash
Selling a used car is a rite of passage that most drivers will face at some point in their careers. The big question is where should you sell it to get the most money from it? This problem has plagued people since the days of crankshaft engines, even as modern technology has made it easier to reach wider audiences than ever before.
Junk Car Medics is a major leading buyer of used cars all over the nation, and we've learned a thing or two about how to get rid of a vehicle you no longer want. We'll cover the basics so you know what you're signing up for.
Where can you sell your used car?
There are a number of ways to get rid of your used car:
- Junk car services: Sometimes called cash-for-cars organizations, these automotive professionals specialize in getting top dollar for used cars. Junk Car Medics has built a network that can help you get rid of your car without the hassle.
- Junkyards: Salvage yards will take your used car from you without batting an eye. However, these guys are known for building in fees that may look legitimate at first glance but are really just an excuse to bump up their bottom line.
- Craigslist: The sales platform to end all sales platforms, Craigslist provides an easy way to list your used car so you can find someone who will pay asking price. Just don't be surprised if all the responses you get are sent from bots in search of your email address and phone number.
- Big-name sites: Plenty of online sites out there are waiting to list the details of your vehicle and showcase some glossy photos alongside it. Make sure you're adding up all the fees before you post though, particularly if your car takes longer than you'd like to sell.
- Word-of-mouth: You can tell your friends. You can tell your parents. You can tell the people who pass your car by putting up a sign. Of course, unless you've got someone in your life who can sell ice to Eskimos, you might not want to put all of your faith in this method.
Junk Car Medics has heard no end of the personal stories and tales of all these options. What we see (again and again) is that few things are as easy as first meets the eye.
Here's a lot of what we hear:
- The car-selling site that looked so easy to navigate ended up being loaded with technical obstacles.
- The 10 people that expressed interest in the car never actually showed up to their appointments.
- The junkyard guy decided that the cargo van was more to haul than he originally quoted.
- The sign posted in the window got exactly zero interest from passersby.
- The one person who showed up from Craigslist ended up writing a phony check.
This isn't to say that every used car transaction goes poorly. It can be a perfectly straightforward with everyone being happy at the end of the day. But keep in mind that the success stories usually involve vehicles that are still in pretty good shape. If yours is on its last legs, it might not go quite the way you're picturing it.
Why sell your used car with Junk Car Medics?
Junk Car Medics knows the dangers of selling your used car, which is why we've developed a service explicitly to chop through the nonsense and get you the check you're looking for.
The right cash-for-cars service isn't there to give you 2x the Kelley Blue Book value, it's there to save your sanity (which when you really think about, is kinda priceless):
- Value: Fair market value is our top priority. Our deals stem from the relationships we've built in the industry and the deals we've managed to work out on behalf of our customers.
- Practicality: We know your time is worthwhile to you, and we know you don't want to spend it tracking buyers down. We also know you'd prefer not to rack up serious fees just for the sake of convenience.
- No-pressure: So much pressure out these days to take this deal or ignore that offer. With us, you get an offer that you can do whatever you want with - even if it's nothing
- Customer service: Our customer service isn't a bunch of meaningless promises. It's real people talking to you when you want it and pointing you to useful online tools when you don't.
What types of used cars do we buy?
Our services aren't just limited to your standard coupes and sedans. We can buy all kinds of vehicles from you:
- All Cars
- Cargo vans
So whether you're looking to sell an old, beat-up F150 or a Jeep Grand Cherokee that went with you on umpteen offroading excursions, Junk Car Medics is there for you.
If you're anything like us, you've probably used up the vast majority of your used car's life. (People who want pristine cars all the time will typically lease.) By the time your vehicle reaches the end of its days, selling a used car becomes that much more difficult.
If the demand has fallen for your make and model (and with it, the fall in demand for its parts), we pick it from your lawn, garage, storage facility, friend's place, work parking lot, etc. It's a relief for our customers to cross a big line item from their to-do list.
How to sell your used car with Junk Car Medics?
We won't lie: there's more than one step involved here. The good news is that the process covers all the bases and flows smoothly from one event to the next.
Understanding your used car's value
The real value of a used car can present something of a challenge to the owner. They might reasonably think that a paint touch-up or a couple of replaced parts will make their marketing really sing.
But most people with used cars don't have the kind of schedule that allows for these kinds of projects, or the skills to back them up. If you're doing work without the help of a reputable mechanic, buyers might feel uncomfortable with the safety of the used car.
The staff at Junk Car Medics will base much of our value on (you guessed it) the scrap metal of your car. The iron and steel that makes up so much of your car's weight (65%) can be reused for all kinds of future projects. Whether it's a refrigerator or a bridge, your car's components are far from fulfilling their true destiny.
So what should you know about selling your used car to Junk Car Medics?
- The prices vary depending on who's buying. Scrap metal was much more in demand a few years ago, but the market has not exactly stayed consistent. Overall, old iron and steel aren't quite as popular as they once were. Of course, there's no reason that can't change by tomorrow.
- Some makes and models will net you a good chunk of money more than others. More expensive cars - even when sold for scrap - are likely to get you more than less expensive cars.
- We look at more than just the weight of the car to determine your value. From the fluids to the parts, our job is to give you as much as possible for the vehicle. If we can make money on it, you can make money on it.
Insights and stats from Junk Car Medics
Even if you could care less about the scrap metal market, you probably care a lot about how much money you'll end up with. Check out our perspective before you make any assumptions about the industry:
The Junk Car Medics used car buying difference
We haven't arbitrarily decided we're better than everyone else. Our staff knows that we're different because of what we hear from our customers. Praise from them inevitably ends up sharing a central theme: we make everything painless.
When buyers are there to wear you down until you can't take the back-and-forth anymore and junkyards are there to send you paperwork you can't understand, we make it possible for you to just get rid of your used car without the fuss.
So if the thought of going through 15 car-selling sites to find the best one for you gives you a headache, think of us instead. We won't make you vacuum your car out first or fix that catalytic converter before you get the old thing out of your hair.
Frequently asked questions
We're an organization that buys cars all over the continental US. If you haven't seen our offices around the corner, it's because we operate with local junkyards, tow truck services, and car auction professionals. We've made sure that the people we work with are legit, so you don't hit any hiccups along the way.
We typically ask for a:
- Valid ID
Of course, not every used car sale will look the same. If you've got a special story about where the title went or why you don't have the registration, we might still be able to help.
We'll do our best. Your pickup ultimately depends on where the car is located, how the availability looks in your area, and whether a local wildfire has decided to break out on the main road to your garage.
That being said, our network is pretty darn good and known for its speedy retrievals of used cars.
Yes. Our carriers are all across the continental US. Each and every one of the people we work for have proven themselves to be efficient and dependable too. If you get any static on your end, we don't take that lightly.
All you have to do is tell us some vital information about the make, model, mileage, and location of your vehicle. Once the system takes it all in, it can quickly generate a quote. From start to finish, whether you give us a call or fill out an online form, we can have it all done in just a couple of minutes.
Once you accept our offer, it takes anywhere from 2 - 48 hours before our carriers drive away. As you watch your used car leave, you can comfort yourself with the check in your hand.